Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Has anyone tried Nitto 555 tires on a C5?

semperfih2o

Corvette
2000 Blk Cpe/Corsa indy,K&N
I'm looking for a cheap alternative in a non runflat tire and these are intriguing.:confused
2LOWUFO

The fronts tread chunked badly on my 2002 vertte, the rears gripped like crazy. All replaced at 5k miles.

I've had the fronts on for about 4,000 miles and the rears for 1,000. Haven't had any issues with them at all. The fronts are wearing great, ride and handling is WAY better than the OEM run craps and like 2k2c5mike said the rear traction is much better. I am extremely happy with them.

I like the way the rim protection looks also.

Thanks for the input! I'm going to drive from Seattle to So.Dakota and then back thru Yellowstone at the end of June and can't see beating my butt up with the runnies. I wonder what caused the chunking on 2k2C5mikes fronts?
Semper fi, Robert

Autocross session caused the chunking problem.
:mad

Goodyear GS-D3's. Reasonably priced,
superior performance and you should get
close to 30,000 miles as long as you're
not autocrosssing every weekend.
Remo:cool
gy_eagle_f1_gsd3_ci2_l.jpg

Blistering Performance

I'm looking for a cheap alternative in a non runflat tire and these are intriguing.:confused
2LOWUFO

Here's another alternative. The BF Goodrich
g-Force KDW-2's. They're non runflat, offer
oustanding performance, minimize hydro-plaining
and a good value for the money. I have these on
mine. Got them through the Tire Rack.
Remo:cool
bfg_gforce_ta_kdw2_ci2_l.jpg

2LOWUFO
I have the Nitto 555 RII's and like them alot. I was surprised how good they are in the rain. Very confident feel to them. In the hot weather, there is too much grip hehe.

Thanks Todd, etal. I've made up my mind on the triple nickels and convinced the local dealer to sell em for the same price as mailorder.I'm looking forward to some STICK!
Semper Fi

We did our dragon run this past Saturday and it rained all day. I am very impressed with the wet traction I had. Wet traction was not something I was looking at when I purchased this tires because I don't drive the vet much in the rain but I'll take the icing on the cake. :)

To give you and idea of the rain we drove in here is a good shot that Jane Ann took.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showpost.php?p=815043&postcount=2

I have had the Goodyear GS-D3s and found them to be quiet, extremely great handling in wet or dry and they last. I looked at comparisons and had heard some talk about both the BF Goodrich g-force KDWs and KDW2s but when I read reviews and looked at the ratings in wet and dry I made my decision to stay with the Goodyear GS-D3s. I recommended them to a friend of mine to replace his EMTs for those reasons and he is picky but very happy with the Gs-D3s. I am on a different C5 now and getting ready to replace the runflats so going back to a tire that is proven and that is the GS-D3s.
Just my $.02,
Bill

I have them on my 03 coupe, and went with the larger 255/40-17 fronts and 285/35-18 rear sizes. No problems after 5,000 miles.

I have had the Nitto 555s for two summers now and really love them. Quiet ride with excellent handling for a really great price:upthumbs

I was looking for wheels on an Ebay store and found wheels and tires for $1224.00 which includes shipping. They have Falken FK 451 tires made by Dunlap. I thought that was a really good price. The seller says that those tires were rated #1 by Consumer Reports. Not sure though.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom