Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Has anyone used ARP permalock rocker nuts?

69autoXr

Corvette
1969 LT-1 coupe 2B NCCC
I'm thinking about using the ARP permalock rocker nuts with my LT-1. Does anyone have any experience with these? Specifically, do they work well and do they fit under the stock LT-1 valve cover?

Thanks

i used a set of polylocks on my 70Z28 350LT1/360 hp was told they wouldnt fit with stock vavle covers, they did fit, never had to adjust them again.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear!

A Nutty Problem :eek:)

Just save a few bucks and go to GM and get some stock rocker retaining nuts and they will be fine. Poly locks do work sometimes lol. They are a pain to set since you have to set the nut and use the locking allen to keep them there and if the top of the Rocker Stud is not flat then they may not hold a setting well or be hard to set. And if you are using a SB you can get a complete rocker arm assembly that will have the sloted rocker balls along with the nuts and long slot rocker arms for cams with over 480 gross lift so you will not split the rockers.

ShakeRattleRoll said:
Just save a few bucks and go to GM and get some stock rocker retaining nuts and they will be fine. Poly locks do work sometimes lol. They are a pain to set since you have to set the nut and use the locking allen to keep them there and if the top of the Rocker Stud is not flat then they may not hold a setting well or be hard to set. And if you are using a SB you can get a complete rocker arm assembly that will have the sloted rocker balls along with the nuts and long slot rocker arms for cams with over 480 gross lift so you will not split the rockers.
I have the rockers, and I bought new lock nuts from the General last year, however I believe the threads on my rocker studs are worn from years of having lock nuts threaded on them. I was planning to replace the studs, and was curious if anyone had any experience with the poly locks before I bought them.

Well as stated by my post I was not really happy with them. But if you do have screw in rocker studs it would be an easy task to replace them. Other than the reasons posted above about the dislike of the poly locks I just found them more trouble then what they were worth to me. Do you have a machanical cam or hydrolic? I only ask because on hydrolic you will not need to keep going back to readust them but machanical you do and then you might like the poly locks it just takes more time to adjust them.

It's mechanical. In your experience, you weren't happy with them because they were a pain to deal with? Did they hold their position though?

Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom