Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Have Engine,Trans etc. also have questions need answers please.

BarryK said:
Gerry
you may need to fabricated new motor brackets to lower it about 1 1/16" or so to make it squeeze under a stock stinger hood......... and you may still need to use a dropbase air cleaner

Barry,

Forget it, the NCRS would never allow a nonoriginal bracket and I need the car to be stock.;LOL

Best regards,
Gerry

Gerry said:
Barry,

Forget it, the NCRS would never allow a nonoriginal bracket and I need the car to be stock.;LOL

Best regards,
Gerry

nah...... they's never notice! just paint the brackets chevy orange
;LOL

How about the 815 CID Kaase Engineering engine the IHRA Pro Stockers run? I understand it's 1500 HP. Little tall, though...:D

Rick
:w

;LOL

There was a great car show on the History channel last night called "Automaniac" and hosted by that "pro wrestler" Goldberg. Some neat stuff, all BIG engine things, like a twin jet engine fire truck, tank motored cars, and including the Boss Hog bikes and the Chrysler Tomahawk (Viper V-10) "bike". Highly recommended viewing. :)

Rick
:w

JohnZ said:
Here's the solution for street torque, but it DOES require minor modifications to package it :D

MTUBigBlock.jpg

:beer

Won't fit a Vette ..But it is Chromed.....;)

My Next motor......It Never ends.....
se.jpg

Viet Nam Vett said:
My Next motor......It Never ends.....
se.jpg

VNV, that collecter pipe would be a direct fit for the new headers on my 572. ;LOL

Stepinwolf

Punish your BB :lou as if it was your last day on earth

JohnZ said:
Here's the solution for street torque, but it DOES require minor modifications to package it :D

MTUBigBlock.jpg

is there one of those custom air cleaner covers available that will fit this so when you open your hood at shows you won't blister the paint on the hood....... :eyerole

Gerry said:
John,
What is that engine going into?

Gerry

That's a modular engine, which can be built in four-cylinder multiples from a V-8 to a V-20; they're made by the MTU subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz, and are intended for stationary applications, locomotives, smaller ships, and larger yachts.

Have engine and questions.

Well, problems with clutch adjustment of the Keisler trans/Sachs clutch and charging system have stalled progress for today. The engine fires and runs but an errant wire hookup may have fried the ignition coil. There is oil coming out of the ignition nipple and that ain't good. The system is charging at the correct voltage but the ammeter gauge is acting crazy so that may also have been cooked. I will get a new coil and gauge to check the system tomorrow. Even though its running thru the original exhaust manifolds and an Allen SS chambered exhaust this thing is LOUD and NASTY sounding. I hope to drive it to Stahl headers in York Pa. tomorrow (God willing) and Jere will fabricate a set of headers that will tap into the 4" hooker sidepipes with sweet thunder baffles (2 1/2"). BTW mike at sweet thunder said he will have 2 7/8" baffles in the near future (too bad not now). Also some additional items for anyone considering this conversion. 1) the parking brake assembly is a problem (no room) for 67 cars, mine is now disconnected and I will have to figure something out later. 2) Alternater lower bracket also may need some work or headers will need work, again needs room. 3) etc, etc, etc. Did I say this thing sounds NASTY? Sorry my pics are too large for this post. Well, as Scarlet said "Tomorrow is another day".

Best regards,
Gerry

More problems with the clutch assembly and MSD ignition system. I will post details after I sort things out. It definitely is not an easy drop in for the trans and the engine.

Gerry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom