Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hawk Brake pads:anybody used these?

S

sothpaw

These are sold thru Vette Brakes.

I would also be intersted in any feed back on
the Sport rotors sold by Vette Brakes.

96Holly

Corvette
96 LT4 Polo Green Coupe
No answers for you but....

I am interested in this post. I am looking myself for brake options.

This should bring it to the top.

Any takers??

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
Not an answer here either...

But I looked into the Bosch brake pads and they were running for $46 or so for the fronts.

Any feedback on Bosch?
I was told that Raybesto's makes REALLY good pads. Anyone used Raybesto's before?

E

Eagle85C4

I just replaced the whole brake system, I use the raybestoes pads and love em...no dust, squeaks and they stop great...even under hard manuevers. They are a bit pricey but well worth it.
These were so good I changed the new ones on my 86 blazer for raybestoes. Made a big difference there as well...

90coupe

Before I got smart, I autocrossed a very warmedup 89 Mustang on Hawk pads. They worked super, no pulling, very little dust, no fade and were wearing well. By the way, braided stainless brakelines are a good idea. Quicker brake application (no rubber hose to blow up first), look great and have to last a long time. I change brake fluid often (autocrosser) and recomend doing so when you put new pads in. Refacing the rotors is also a must.

90coupe

Before I got smart, I autocrossed a very warmedup 89 Mustang on Hawk pads. They worked super, no pulling, very little dust, no fade and were wearing well. By the way, braided stainless brakelines are a good idea. Quicker brake application (no rubber hose to blow up first), look great and have to last a long time. I change brake fluid often (autocrosser) and recomend doing so when you put new pads in. Refacing the rotors is also a must.

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
sothpaw said:
These are sold thru Vette Brakes.

I would also be intersted in any feed back on
the Sport rotors sold by Vette Brakes.

How much are they asking for those pads?

S

sothpaw

cost

I found a special on corvetteforums.com.
Front for $75.

M

MacShee98

September 2002 Car and Driver Magazine has a test of aftermarket brake systems, and includes the Hawk HPs in their test.

Cheers

Corvette
1986 Bright Red Coupe
Andy, I've got that issue if you want to see it. They did their test on a stock Impreza WRX (my favorite flavor of rice!) and used Kumho Ecsta 712 tires (the ones we've been talking about in another thread).

Bottom line, the Hawk HP + pads were comparable to stock at lower speeds, quite a bit better at higher speeds (ie, 90-0) and seemed decently matched performance-wise to the higher-priced brake kits (rotors, pads, calipers) they compared to.

The Hawks did fade more than the full kits (heck, at $130 versus $2k+, what do you expect?) but less than stock - which is important on the track...
[RICHR]

S

sothpaw

Rich,
Ahh, that's the best data I've gotten yet. I might just go for
the Hawks and forget it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom