Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hawk Brake pads:anybody used these?

S

sothpaw

These are sold thru Vette Brakes.

I would also be intersted in any feed back on
the Sport rotors sold by Vette Brakes.

No answers for you but....

I am interested in this post. I am looking myself for brake options.

This should bring it to the top.

Any takers??

Not an answer here either...

But I looked into the Bosch brake pads and they were running for $46 or so for the fronts.

Any feedback on Bosch?
I was told that Raybesto's makes REALLY good pads. Anyone used Raybesto's before?

I just replaced the whole brake system, I use the raybestoes pads and love em...no dust, squeaks and they stop great...even under hard manuevers. They are a bit pricey but well worth it.
These were so good I changed the new ones on my 86 blazer for raybestoes. Made a big difference there as well...

Before I got smart, I autocrossed a very warmedup 89 Mustang on Hawk pads. They worked super, no pulling, very little dust, no fade and were wearing well. By the way, braided stainless brakelines are a good idea. Quicker brake application (no rubber hose to blow up first), look great and have to last a long time. I change brake fluid often (autocrosser) and recomend doing so when you put new pads in. Refacing the rotors is also a must.

Before I got smart, I autocrossed a very warmedup 89 Mustang on Hawk pads. They worked super, no pulling, very little dust, no fade and were wearing well. By the way, braided stainless brakelines are a good idea. Quicker brake application (no rubber hose to blow up first), look great and have to last a long time. I change brake fluid often (autocrosser) and recomend doing so when you put new pads in. Refacing the rotors is also a must.

sothpaw said:
These are sold thru Vette Brakes.

I would also be intersted in any feed back on
the Sport rotors sold by Vette Brakes.

How much are they asking for those pads?

cost

I found a special on corvetteforums.com.
Front for $75.

September 2002 Car and Driver Magazine has a test of aftermarket brake systems, and includes the Hawk HPs in their test.

Cheers

Andy, I've got that issue if you want to see it. They did their test on a stock Impreza WRX (my favorite flavor of rice!) and used Kumho Ecsta 712 tires (the ones we've been talking about in another thread).

Bottom line, the Hawk HP + pads were comparable to stock at lower speeds, quite a bit better at higher speeds (ie, 90-0) and seemed decently matched performance-wise to the higher-priced brake kits (rotors, pads, calipers) they compared to.

The Hawks did fade more than the full kits (heck, at $130 versus $2k+, what do you expect?) but less than stock - which is important on the track...
[RICHR]

Rich,
Ahh, that's the best data I've gotten yet. I might just go for
the Hawks and forget it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom