Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hazard Lights. 1978

P

Piet

I just replaced my steering column and cannot get the hazard lights working.
Does any know which wires on the harness are for the hazard lights?

I want to rule out the new column... hopefully.

are your directionals working????
I would check the flasher(fuse) 1st.
Double check your plug at the end of the column to be sure it is plugged in properly and everything that is supposed to be plugged in is in fact plugged in (personal experience!!!!! :hb)
otherwise you may have a bad switch in the column.

Directionals ARE working.
Fuse looks OK.
I will be cleaning connections on harness plug tonight...

(Is there a separate unit for flasher VS directional?)

Piet :w

I think there is a enough similarities to the 1981 that this may look very familar .. other than the ecm and subtle difference in the Alarm Systems.. this should be very close

1981 Fuse Panel
attachment.php

Bud

The 78 fuse panel is different than the 79-82 panel. It was the last year that used the glass "littlefuses". The hazard warning flasher is the one at the top left of the fuse panel, the turn signal flasher should be in a clip behind the glove box. Unless you actually tried the hazards before you took everything apart it's hard to know if they didn't work before or if something happened with your swap.

Looks like a brown wire from the flasher. Is the flasher plugged in? Also, make sure the turn signal connector (the big one under the dask mounted to the column) is plugged all the way in. Hazard flasher is plugged into the upper left corner of the fuse box.

78hazardwiring.jpg

Looks like I will be getting floor mat dirt in my hair tonight... going under-dash diving!

OK... that was easy...
Bad Flasher Unit.

Very Happy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom