Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Header/exhaust/muffler combo

jetset0045

Corvette
1974 Stingray Coupe
Any suggestions on a good header/exhaust/muffler combo for my '74?

Main concern is that the headers wont clear something, and finding a good pre bent set of pipes. I'd like 2 1/2 inch all the way back if they will fit.

Comments please!

I have a 1980, which has a different trans crossmember, and I was able to squeak a full dual 2.5" system under it, you shouldn't have a problem. I used Flowtech headers and Flomaster 40 series mufflers, sounds pretty damn good!

YouTube - corvette idle

Hope that worked, I've had a hard time attaching links from my crackberry lol

I had stock manifolds with 2.25 pipes bent by the local redneck muffler shop(i know the guy so I can call him that) with Flowmaster Delta Flow 50's. It had a good sound. However I just got done(15 min ago)installing Hooker side pipes.

exhaust

I have long tube headers with 3" true dual exhaust all the way back to a pair of 3" in / 3" out Magnaflows on my '75. Pipes were bent and welded by muffler shop. Tight clearances but just enough room so that nothing hits or rattles. Even 3" is not really necessary for my ZZ4 so 2 1/2 should be fine.
Terry

I did what Vettehead Mikey said. Kept my original factory headers, on my 79, and put on the new 2.5 system on. VERY happy with the sound and noticed a good gain in performance.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom