Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headers and cats

F15over

Corvette
1999 Convertible
Hello

I am interested in putting headers on my 99 convertible. I already have a Corsa cat back with an x pipe. I don't want to replace the x pipe so I am not looking at a full header system, just the headers. I was wondering if running the stock cats with headers defeats the purpose?

Thanks to all

I’ve heard that stock cats flow almost as well as high flow cats so, unless you have a lot of mods, I don’t think that will be a factor. What will be a possible problem is location, if you are thinking of LT’s. Depending on the brand, you might face a bit of cutting and welding in retaining the stock cats. Good luck. – C.

If your looking for quality and power LG Motorsports just is an awsome header. Bolts right up all the way back to your cat-back. I dont know how well the stock cats flow but when I look through my LG hi-flow cats I can see through the other side. Needless to say they passed PA emmisions with flying colors. Quiet until you drop the hammer. There customer service is unbeatable! You get what you pay for.

As mentioned, another thing to think about. Depending on what brand LT you get (exactly how long the "Long tubes" are,) the collectors may end in the stock cat location or very close to it, making hookup a little difficult. I believe you can get the LG Street series with hookups for the stock exhaust.

Hello

I am interested in putting headers on my 99 convertible. I already have a Corsa cat back with an x pipe. I don't want to replace the x pipe so I am not looking at a full header system, just the headers. I was wondering if running the stock cats with headers defeats the purpose?

Thanks to all

Hi F15over -

It would not defeat the purpose, but you would be leaving a little HP on the table as opposed to going with high-flow aftermarket cats.

The LG headers come with an x-pipe.

I opted for the LG Pros and no cats.

best regards -

mqqn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom