Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlamps for my '71

wanew

Corvette
1971 Coupe
My new old car's headlights are not working. Well, one is. The vacuum system is operating, just no light. I was looking through some catalogs, and they seem to have everything except the headlamps. Any suggestions?

thanks!

The headlamps themselves are standard sealed beams available at any auto parts store (...well, most any... with most newer cars going to replaceable halogen capsules, the sealed beams are getting harder to find).

It probably just needs a new sealed beam; if the existing ones are not halogen (it'll say if it is in the middle of the glass), I'd replace both sides with halogen sealed beams. I forget the common part numbers, but any auto parts store should be able to look them up.

//Pancho

I've just fitted Wagner Halogen sealed beam units. $5 each from AutoQuest. Corvette Central has them for $10 and Ecklers want $15.

Hardest part is dislodging the rusted in screws that hold the bezels around the lights. Didn't help that some genius previous owner had butchered them.

'73

If you're gonna drive & not enter shows ... then the Halogen SBs are the way to go. It seems those Old SBs (if working) can be worth some dough ... due to collectors/restorers desiring date-coded lamps. I dunno anymore about it ... but that one might wanna keep an older, but working lamp.
JACK:gap

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom