Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlight Actuator Relay

B

BadVette

I have an "85" the has developed a problem of being a "One Eyed Bandit", I have trced it down to being the relay because the headlight opens "When It Want To" and the motor sounds fine and operates perfectly. The cheap repair manual that I have says nothing about this "Relay" and its location, but it shows it in the wiring schematic. There is a relay for the right side and there is a relay for the left side, but it doesn't tell me where they are located on the car. I don't know if it's located behind the dash or if is located in that "Little Box" on the front lower left fender skirt section. It is just a "Plug-n-Play" replacement, not that difficult, I just need to know where it is! I would greatly appreciate any help you can send my way! Thanks.

I still haven't found this relay. I'm told that it was only on the 82,84,and 85 model years. Does anyone have Any idea of where this thing is located?
HELP, Spring is here and I'm itching to get her out & about!

Its behind the little cover on the left side front wheel well behind where the horn is. There are two 7mm screws that hold the cover on.

Good luck
Stick

Have you checked the plastic inserts? My 88 did that and after looking at everything else, module, switch, connections, it was those friggin bushings.........

Thanks Everyone!,
I replaced the relay - wasn't it. I replaced the bushings - wasn't it either. Ended up being the motor after all! It was weak enough that it wouldn't open it, but would close it. Go figure ! Anyways, thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions. It has been Greatly Appreciated !!!!

Sincerely,
BadVette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom