Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

headlight bushings

silver70

Corvette
1970 silver coupe
can the headlight door pivot bushings be changed with the headlight assy in the car. the three bolts on each bushing assy look hard to get to. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Taking the headlight assemblies out of the car is quite a bit of work... but I think changing the bushings in the car would be even more work . I think the whole assembly would need to be taken apart in order to be able to slide the pivot rods in and out of the bushings. Also, getting your hands and tools in position would be a problem, too. These thoughts are based on my total restoration of my '71.
Regards,
Alan

What type of problem are you having? The bushings are nylon, probably old, but may not need replacing. A gentle squirt of WD-40 would probably help.

:)

the headlight door is loose at the bushings. no binding issues, just loose. it really isn't that bad, i just thought i would fix seeing the bushings are very inexpensive.

If it is side to side loose, you can adjust the bushing stops they also center the door to the opening

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom