Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlight Motors

timotheous

Corvette
1992 Quazar Blue Coupe
Just bought a 1992 coupe, and noticed that the headlight motors run for several seconds after the headlights are turned off and retracted. I also noticed that the headlight motor kicks in when you turn off the parking lights (ie without having the headlights up). Any ideas? Is this normal?

Not normal. The bushings inside the motor gears are toast. They need to be replaced. The bushings can be bought from MidAmerica for ~ 5 bucks a set and takes a couple of hours to replace them. Replace both sets while your doing it.
Mid America catalog # 601-703 in the 103E catalog.

If you take it to the dealer, they'll replace the whole motor and gear assembly for a lot more money!

On Both Motors?

Seems odd that it occurs on both motors in exactly the same way. What controls the time that the motors run? Why are they coming on when you switch the parking lights off? There should be no motor activity here, no?

Both reacting the same way - maybe the head light relay then. I haven't seen this yet, so I'll have to defer to someone else.

It certainly does sound like the bushings, if the motor keeps running. The bushings are probably toast by now, on both sides.

Do you have a website address for Mid America?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom