Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

headlight problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Carson
  • Start date Start date
C

Carson

Last night when I came home & turned off the headlights, I heard a 10 second machine gun like noise as the headlight closed. I opened the hood and I could see the manual adjusting screw on the left front headling vibrating. The headlights still go up and down but something is wrong. Also the manual adjuster seems very loose when you grab it and shake. Any idea's? Can it be adjusted (I tried turning the screw) or will it have to be replaced?

thanks dennis

Hi there,
Sounds like you have a stripped driven gear inside one of the headlamp motors.
Unfortunately, there are not any replacement gears out that I know of, only for c4, not c5.
Replacement of the motor will be needed.
Allthebest, c4c5:hb

c4c5 Thanks for the info. I have an gm extended warrantee no problem.

Last week you were going to try and find a parts # for the bushing in the shift linkage. I was concerened that mine might be cracked.

Thanks Dennis

Mine is "NOT" under warranty (smile) I have the same problem with my 2000 Navy Blue Metallic corvette. After the lights close about 2 seconds later there is a loud grinding sound for about 6-7 seconds. What do I do ?

If it is the gears there are several aftermarket replacements as well as rebuild kits. Most major web distributors carry them and they offer them in metal as an upgrade. Personally I have not used them (no need at this time) but have seen many ads. Search the web and you will find them, operantly It's a common problem with C5. Good luck, Zig.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom