Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlight Question

jnj

Corvette
2006 Machine Silver Coupe
Has anyone changed to or considered the change to the DEPO non raising headlights?
Thanks to all~

headlight issue

Hey there. I'm really new to this site, like this is the first time I've actually attempted to communicate with someone on an issue. Hope this goes through. Not sure about doing away with the flip up headlamp in lieu of the new ones but it sounds good if not expensive. Last I heard it was around 8 or 900 a headlight. If I can't get mine to pop back up, I may have to go that route. Do you know of anyway to manuelly raise the headlights? I'm sorry if I wasn't much help to you on your question.
Chief916

Do you know of anyway to manuelly raise the headlights? I'm sorry if I wasn't much help to you on your question.
Chief916
Yeah,there is a knob under the black rubber boot at the top end of the HL motor!:thumb

GMJunkie is correct about the rubber cover on the motor. Simply remove and twist the know.
In Ebay, the DECO Projector beams run around $375 for the pair. I decided the flip up lights are part of the Corvette charm and simply bought and replaced the driver side motor. here are some good posts on the How To with pictures. Wholw job took about 1 hour
Good Luck~

headlight issue

Thanks for the info. Tried the nob, neither one had any rubber cover over them. Any idea as to why they will not come up? Just a thought, I noticed that I had my right HL pop up uncommanded while it was in the garage a couple of weeks ago. I recycled the HLs and all was good for about a week and it did the same thing again, sooooo, I recycled them a second time. Now neither one will come up when I turn on my lights. I think I might have water in the system somewhere. The reason I say this is because I had to remove and open up my windsheild wiper module last week to empty water out of it. I'm thinking I might be having the same problem somewhere in the HL electrical connectors.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom