Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heads Up Display

SS04,
Yes, I've heard quite a few do it successfully. There is a guy in CT that does it pretty regularly and actually offers to install for free during his Mod parties. You should be able to search the topic and there are probably some installation guides with pictures and stuff. Good luck! I couldn't live without my HUD now!!
Glen

From what I hve read it is almost a plug-and-play deal. Get the HUD, the surround trim and the harness. Depending on the car year, the dash assembly already has a connector on it.

Not to sound picky. It's "Head Up" display alot of people make this mistake.

Hi silverstreak04 -

If your car is a 99 or newer it is a plug and play setup.

The dash panel on non-hud cars even have an embossed "template" for the cutout, just add bezel.

It is more difficult if your car is older and does not have the proper accomodations.

best regards -

mqqn

Looks like he has an '04 and will have no problems. The hook ups for the HUD showed up in production cars mid-99 MY. My car is an early version and will not be as plug and play as later models. I researched it once, but never moved forward with it. Search the forums, it's been discussed a few times with good links on the procedure.

Leon

<---- w00t! 1000th post! I'll never post again. ;)

avacorvette:

Whenever you say "not to sound picky", believe me, you're being picky.

And that was being picky...so what??? He's asking for help without being picked on!

If that's the worst thing he's said today, he's doing much better than me!

Chuck
:)

Gorgon said:
<---- w00t! 1000th post! I'll never post again. ;)

Leon,

You old sun-of-a-gun. 1,000 posts, that's pretty good. Hope all is well weatherwise in your area. Looks like youv'e been spared so far.

Remo:cool

hotmtrsports
Sorry not trying to. Can't drive my Vette and nothin better to do....

Let's play nicely, everyone. I confess I frequently use "Heads Up Display" to describe the HUD myself. No biggie. :)

:w
-Patrick

i thought vetts with HUD had different windshields to reflect the info.........
my 02 is a base model,lacks the 1sb option,i can do without the climate control and sport seats but the HUD would be real cool.if its as easy a plug and play i would do it to.:lou

sorbet02 said:
i thought vetts with HUD had different windshields to reflect the info.........
my 02 is a base model,lacks the 1sb option,i can do without the climate control and sport seats but the HUD would be real cool.if its as easy a plug and play i would do it to.:lou

Hi sorbet02 -

They do - they have what GM calls a special "anti-lacerative layer" that sharpens the image reflected off of the windshield.

That said, I am not too sure the difference is readily apparent to the average driver. The old Grand Prix had a HUD unit and they look just fine with no special layers.

best regards -

mqqn

two years ago? A buddy came over for about an hour or two...We installed the HUD into my 2001 Z06...

Works great...

He did most of the work...as we swapped dash pads and installed the HUD from his car to mine..(he didn't care for it and wanted the cash)

I gave him $600 installed.

I've never bought from Beans, but I know he sells a lot of HUD setups.
Fred Beans September C5 Specials!
||--Genuine GM HUD Setup--||

10279814 – HUD – 183.34
12198648 – Switch – 69.25
10425223 – Bezel – 17.95

Total setup is 270.54 + 18.50 shipping!
http://fbpontlim.fredbeans.site.webmakerx.net/

Guy

Guy, you have a HUD in your car? I would like to add one to the 99 but my cluster doesn't have the appropriate connection and I'd need a new cluster. Kinda sucks as I'd really like one.

Leon

EDIT: Check this link for isntallation instructions.

Gorgon said:
Guy, you have a HUD in your car? I would like to add one to the 99 but my cluster doesn't have the appropriate connection and I'd need a new cluster. Kinda sucks as I'd really like one.

Leon

EDIT: Check this link for isntallation instructions.

I don't have it, Leon, but I've followed some threads on the CF about it and I thought whatever connection we need could be added.

Guy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom