Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heater bulbs Kaput

Rod Brown

Corvette
2016 Blacki Sting Ray
I have a dual heater/Ac in my 99 and the lower 5 push button bulbs are out.Can I replace them by removing the unit and if so can anyone give me some guidance as how to remove the unit.Thanks,Rod

Rod Brown said:
I have a dual heater/Ac in my 99 and the lower 5 push button bulbs are out.Can I replace them by removing the unit and if so can anyone give me some guidance as how to remove the unit.Thanks,Rod

Unless you know something that I don't, you may have a bigger problem than that. Is the display for the heater getting dimmer over time? The only fix that I have heard about is replacement of the whole head unit. More recently, I have heard of people having them repaired or refurbished, but I am not sure about where to get the parts or who can fix the head unit for you. My extended warranty company did not want to pay for mine, as they said that lighting was excluded. I did finally get them to pay, however.

No,I don't know anything about this problem.I was curious if I could remove the unit and replace the bulbs myself.If its a big job than I will take it to the dealership to have it replaced.The bulbs on the bottom of the unit went out one at a time and now all are out.I thought perhaps the bulbs were a plug in and pull affair.

the bulbs are replaceable, the display isn't

Where can I get the bulbs replaced? Thanks for the info.ROD

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom