Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heater problems

J

JD'S79

Need some help :) The heater will not stop blowing hot air (of course) it is turned off and the fan is still blowing and it is like a oven in the car. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any and all help

Marty

I'll be the first to jump in here. Try a search on the forum for heater or heater by-pass or heater cut-off. There are a bunch of posts about this very common problem. A lot of us have simply installed 2 bypass valves, one on each heater hose to bypass the heater in the hot months and open the valves in the cold months. I'm sure if you search you'll find much more info.

Russ

The two things that had the biggest impact for me was pulling the vacuum controlled valve switch and replacing it with a manual one and having the door adjusted that controls the temperature by changing the direction of the air flow. It seemed that even with one valve, the water in the heater core was still getting some heat, which was transferring.

Of course if you drive the car for long enough, all of the ductwork seems to get hot from the engine anyway and the temperature seems to sneak up some but not nearly as much as without these two mods.

If the rear hood seal is bad or not fitting properly it can leak a lot of hot air into the ventilation system also.

Bob

How did the heater affect you a/c when a/c was on , was a/c cold and how did a/c feel after you installed shut-off valve?

cscarlson,

In my car, the factory installed heater valve was operating, but only when the a/c was turned on. So, when the A/C was on all was well. However, when the A/C was off it was another story. After installing the shut-off valves the interior cabin temp dropped a lot. Unfortunately, I have another heat leak somewhere that is causing radiant heat to fill the cabin.

Russ

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom