Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heater

Garagetoyz

Corvette
78 Silver Anniversary 4 spd Crate engine
My 78 has a strange problem. It seems to blow hot air out of the vents all the time and in the summer, that air is baking hot. I try to keep it on defrost to divert the heat but maybe its time I try to do something about it. Even if the switch is off it still does this, I had the heater control replaced last year but no luck. Maybe its a vacuum leak but I dont see (or hear) any and I replaced the hose from the firewall to the valve in the fenderwell. Now that I have the new headers on I want to drive! Maybe the heater bypass valve will help? Bah I'd like to yank the blower motor wire at this point..Any tips would be great,

There is an adjustment to the temp control cable that goes from the dash lever to the heated/fresh air diverter on the plenum. Its located under the console on the pass side. After you remove the carpeted side cover you'll see the black cable housing and a white plastic piece. You can turn the white plastic piece to adjust the cable length so the diverter closes fully.

Thanks guys, great information! . Now I can drive with my sneakers on:beer Honestly what a great webpage for this problem

Great site! My '73 has no controlled shut off valve, and we were turning red driving around on a nice - not hot - day. A manual shutoff valve in the heater line made a huge difference. But I need to do many of the things you've already accomplished. Thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom