Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heavy vibration when acceleration above fifty

Lohmanyorkie

Corvette
1975 Orange coupe
I got new tires new wheels ,but the vibration appears to come from behind and at 65 its shaking the steering wheel,, rear is now out , the right side yoke lost the ring but is in good shape, the u joins are all free and good. car has 47, miles so hoe bout the front carrier mount its new but was in the wrong sequence I had the part withe sleeve in the middle and the rubber on the very bottom the bolt head and washer were on the cross member, I would like to also note bearings are tight , the discs are still riveted to the spindle

sounds like your tires aren't properly balanced.
the fact that your steering wheel is shaking,makes me think that.

sounds like your tires aren't properly balanced.
the fact that your steering wheel is shaking,makes me think that.
Tires are new wheels new balanced yes just saying starts in the rear and then work its way to the whole car , the right side yoke lost its snap ring but this doesn't appear to be the cause,Just might be the parking brakes

If it started when you changed wheels and tires, look at wheels and tires first. Look for out of round wheels, tread separation, wheel lug hole elongation of mis-drilling, etc. Was the wheel balance static or dynamic? Sounds like something is unbalanced, which gets worse at speed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom