Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heh..!!! I Duct Taped My Bathroom Towels...Bet You Can't Do This...

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
Well today I moved the body in the garage and rolled the chassis out into the Cover-It storage area. I'm getting ready to pull the heater and replace the core as well as the wiper motor and some other items.

So..I needed some protection on the body at the surround area. What to use???
Your Bathroom 100% cotton towels of course. Now ...don't try this at home if you have a wife..or a live in lady friend.. They can get very upset when you start messen with the laundry..especially when you use this stuff for your vette.

Since I have no live in Buzz Killer's..I can get away with Duct Taping them together and using them on my Vette.... :L

Man.....It's Good To Be The King....;LOL
body7.jpg

body9.jpg

body10.jpg

She said it's me or your ******* Corvette, so guess what

VNV,

You sure got that right. Mine left for better pastures 3 years ago after 35 solid years of marriage, and guess what, I don't even miss her yet. ;LOL

The foods better now, the dogs don't act up anymore, and I can spend all the time I want in the Garage without any hassle :cool

LIFE IS GOOD, my only hope now is to live long enough to enjoy to the fullest this new freedom. Unlike a lot of other men I know, once will have been enough for me to have learned my lesson :nono

The only acceptable arrangements in the future, will be overnighters, without any baggage.
:beer

VNV, In case you want to spend a little time in front of the tube this evening, at 9 EST on History Television, " Apocalypse Now Redux " re-edited Vietnam all time Classic, with Brando, Sheen, Duvall, etc. It's a " do not miss this " for me

stepinwolf said:
VNV,

You sure got that right. Mine left for better pastures 3 years ago after 35 solid years of marriage, and guess what, I don't even miss her yet. ;LOL

The foods better now, the dogs don't act up anymore, and I can spend all the time I want in the Garage without any hassle :cool

LIFE IS GOOD, my only hope now is to live long enough to enjoy to the fullest this new freedom. Unlike a lot of other men I know, once will have been enough for me to have learned my lesson :nono

The only acceptable arrangements in the future, will be overnighters, without any baggage.

VNV, In case you want to spend a little time in front of the tube this evening, at 9 EST on History Television, " Apocalypse Now Redux " re-edited Vietnam all time Classic, with Brando, Sheen, Duvall, etc. It's a " do not miss this " for me

I couldn't have said any better... Yes the food does taste better...and the dog is more relaxed... and the cat..... well he just doesn't give a sh_t about anything...
;LOL

I have the DVD...Just watched it with a few buddies last week...:beer

bossvette said:
you aught to be able to light up those skinneys with that setup:D

Yeah..Gotta have that saftey valve....:L

67HEAVEN said:
VNV,

I forget. Do you have, or are you installing power brakes on your car?

Nope...Just doing the conversion to dual master cyl. Was your car originally a PB Car??

Viet Nam Vett said:
Nope...Just doing the conversion to dual master cyl. Was your car originally a PB Car??

Yes it is a PB car, but not steering. I found it a lot easier to steer those old 7.75-15 bias plies than what I'm having to turn now. I was a lot younger (and stronger) in those days too. ;)

I asked because I saw those neat 502 covers, like the ones now in my attic. They won't fit a PB car, as you probably know.

67HEAVEN said:
Yes it is a PB car, but not steering. I found it a lot easier to steer those old 7.75-15 bias plies than what I'm having to turn now. I was a lot younger (and stronger) in those days too. ;)

I asked because I saw those neat 502 covers, like the ones now in my attic. They won't fit a PB car, as you probably know.

With the correct size Ball -Pean Hammer they can be made to fit..:L

Viet Nam Vett said:

not if they are cast aluminum, Bubba better have a tig also:L

Viet Nam Vett said:

If you need to modify your valve covers you could always have the guy who did your heater core come back to provide his expert service.............;LOL

Rich

Another option

Viet Nam Vett said:

I was lead to believe that if you use the "knock off wheel " lead hammer, it will not mar the surface.

regards
Bob

richscorvettes said:
If you need to modify your valve covers you could always have the guy who did your heater core come back to provide his expert service.............;LOL

Rich

;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

stepinwolf said:
I was lead to believe that if you use the "knock off wheel " lead hammer, it will not mar the surface.

regards
Bob

Yeah...That'll work...:L

stepinwolf said:

regards
Bob

You C3 guys quack me up.:L

I haven´t seen Duck tape spelled with a T in years. In Spain we even have a brand named ¨DuckTape¨ but they call it American Tape.

enh ,

spanishvette

If you really want to crack us up, just refer to us as being C2's :eyerole that will screw us up real good.

stepinwolf said:
spanishvette

If you really want to crack us up, just refer to us as being C2's :eyerole that will screw us up real good.

:BOWDamn that was stupid of me. My wife says that I do not know my A$$ from a hole in the ground but to not know the difference between a Stingray and a Shark:duh....Well we had better all stay out of the water until my new medication arrives.:W

Does any body here remember how to wind a watch? Moni also makes comments about me not knowing whether to wind my watch or have a body function.:ugh

Hey VNV, what kind of headers are you running on that fine machine. I'm not sure if you have sidepipes on your car or not. The reason I ask is at some time in the near future I'm going to put on a pair of aluminum heads on my BB '65. I have the factory sidepipes which I want to retain. I found a pair of Hedman Hedders that have the tubes bent to face directly at the sidepipes but in their literature they say not to use them with the aluminum heads. So I was wondering about the headers on your car and if you are retaining the stock sidepipe look. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also look forward to see your finished Stingray.

thanks,
Wayne

65-StingRay said:
Hey VNV, what kind of headers are you running on that fine machine. I'm not sure if you have sidepipes on your car or not. The reason I ask is at some time in the near future I'm going to put on a pair of aluminum heads on my BB '65. I have the factory sidepipes which I want to retain. I found a pair of Hedman Hedders that have the tubes bent to face directly at the sidepipes but in their literature they say not to use them with the aluminum heads. So I was wondering about the headers on your car and if you are retaining the stock sidepipe look. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also look forward to see your finished Stingray.

thanks,
Wayne

Heh Wayne,
Welcome to the Forum. The headers are made by Sanderson. The Model is BB-5 and are made for the BB Gen 6 BB 502 with Alum heads. They are 1 7/8 inch tubes that dump into a 3 inch collector.

Rich Lagasse was the one who recomended them to me. He also uses them. Sanderson made the first set for him years back. They do require that you fabricate the pipe from the collector to the side exchaust.

These are a shorty type header and the collector ends just above the oil pan line. You can call Sanderson and they will help you select the correct header for your application. They will work with you and help you solve your header fittment problems..

Here's a link..
http://www.sandersonheaders.com/pagesbypartnum/bb5.htm

Why not call me

Hey Bro:

Should have called me have lots of old towels and flannel sheets.

Finally joined

Your older Better looking brother;

Yes I am VNV brother and there's nothing he can do about it!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom