Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HEI in '68

00fxd

Corvette
'65 Convertable
Can anyone tell me if a large cap HEI [no tach drive] will fit in a '68? It looks like it will get pretty close to the washer pump.
Thanks, Frank.

Can anyone tell me if a large cap HEI [no tach drive] will fit in a '68? It looks like it will get pretty close to the washer pump.
Thanks, Frank.

Do you have an HEI distributor? How bad do you want to find out? I have an L82 distributor that I need to get out of my garage. Since I moved to TPI... I've had no use for the old vacuum advance OEM distributor.

It will fit just fine, but you will lose the functionality of your mechanically driven tach. You're aware that it will make no difference in performance?

It will fit. Mid America Corvette offers one that also has the mechanical tach drive.

If you've got a small block, the HEI probably won't clear a stock air filter housing. A big block won't have this problem.

Thanks all, I figured it would fit past the wiper motor/washer pump, Some told him it wouldn't so I thought I'd ask before I wasted my time. I have one to install.

If you've got a small block, the HEI probably won't clear a stock air filter housing. A big block won't have this problem.

I have one of those too! For sale to a good home!:L

Use a pertronix module. You can use your same cap.

If it was my car I would use the HEI tach drive dist. My friend needs to rebuild his points unit and wants to drive it while its out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom