Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hello everyone!

oceangal

Corvette
1982 silver/claret
Long time no post!

Its been a crazy few years for me both car wise and personally. Hubby bought me an Optima Battery for my birthday (is that love or what?) and buttoned down the valves so maybe just maybe this car might make some appearances this year. Its still running rough so I have a name of a guy that Moe recommended in NH to set up the crossfire. My husband knows a place in Woburn that he wants to bring it to dyno it. Course all these things cost money and I got laid off end of January.

So the good news is I will have time for car shows, the bad news is I might not be able to afford the gas!! Its always something.

We went to the World of Wheels show on my b'day and my husbands work place won some nice awards and I saw some great ideas for paint schemes. I am still thinking along the lines of two tone, maybe a silver and a very pale pink combo and I mean pearl white with a tint of pink in it.
Here are some photos of that car that inspired me and of my son having the TIME OF HIS LIFE!! lol

welcome back :w I was following your trials and tribulations with your car and hoped that you would soon resolve all the issues that seemed to crop up.Sorry about the job loss, this current economy really sucks but I hope we are on the road to recovery. Keep us posted with any new developments, and yes, your son looks to be enjoying himself very much.
Regards
Roy

Hi Lori,

So happy to hear from you! I hope your continuing Corvette issues are resolved soon, and I REALLY hope your job situation turns around soon, too!

Elaine

Glad to hear from you Lori. And sorry to hear of your continued trials and tribulations!

I hope things turn in your favor soon. You're due a break.
:wJane Ann

Long time no post!

Its been a crazy few years for me both car wise and personally. Hubby bought me an Optima Battery for my birthday (is that love or what?) and buttoned down the valves so maybe just maybe this car might make some appearances this year. Its still running rough so I have a name of a guy that Moe recommended in NH to set up the crossfire. My husband knows a place in Woburn that he wants to bring it to dyno it. Course all these things cost money and I got laid off end of January.

So the good news is I will have time for car shows, the bad news is I might not be able to afford the gas!! Its always something.

We went to the World of Wheels show on my b'day and my husbands work place won some nice awards and I saw some great ideas for paint schemes. I am still thinking along the lines of two tone, maybe a silver and a very pale pink combo and I mean pearl white with a tint of pink in it.
Here are some photos of that car that inspired me and of my son having the TIME OF HIS LIFE!! lol

Welcome back. I thought you ditched the stock motor for a 383? I'm not sure the stock crossfire set up will run a 383. Have you done any modifications to the throttle bodies and ECM?

Jim

As for a business. I'll give you one to start quicklly and easily.

I was out recently at a party. There was a company there that said it would drive me and my car home for $15. Limited to a geographic area. It was plus plus outside the zone. It was still cheaper then a cab ride. And a lot smarter then driving after drinking. From what I could see there were two people in a small car. One drives my car home and the other followed to bring the driver back. Seemed like a decent size little company because there wer 5 or 6 of them out there. I'm not sure this is a job for female though...unless you are driving a female home.

Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom