Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hello from PA

Pete W

Corvette
2001 Arctic White Coupe
Hey guys,
I just thought I would say hello. I have just recently bought a 2001 Arctic White Corvette. Needless to say it is the most awesome car I have owned! The previous owner had it worked on at East Coast Supercharging. It is a blast rowing through the 6 speed with AAR headers screaming through the Borla exhaust. I have a dyno sheet saying its making 400+ at the rear wheels, so I have been taking it pretty easy (still getting used to it).

Thanks for offering a great site with tons of useful information. I will putting it to good use this weekend. :D

IMG_9453-1.jpg

welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!

Welcome to the Site. I almost bought an Arctic White '01, but remembered back to earlier days of owning a White car....Lots of Cleaning but man they sure look nice when they are done. Congrats on your new ride, I'm loving mine as well.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have been finding this Forum very helpful. I pulled all the codes and reset them. I have reset the Tire pressure monitors. I am getting ready to clean some of the grounds (hopefully solving some problems). If that doesn't work I will pull off the ABS/ Traction Control Module and send it to the ABS Fixer to do his stuff. I have other miscellaneous things to go over, but they are minor. Thanks for all the help. This is a nice to be. :)

Welcome to the CAC Pete. :w

Very nice C5.

Hecox

Hey Pete when I bought mine it had similar issues. I bought mine from a dealer and noticed the low tire pressure warning. I continued on my drive and the traction control system lit up on the dash as if it were off, now the car was saying "Service Vehicle Soon". Got back to the Dealership and told the Guy I loved the car but...
He had a Tech come out with a hand held computer and tapped into the system. No Codes for traction System, but they knew it had a bad front right tire sensor. They started it and let it run for a few and told me I must have shut it off accidently. I told him maybe but How would I have known it would Say Service Vehicle Soon.
Long Story Short when they drove it to get the sensor fixed it lit up and told the the traction control needed serviced then went to Service Vehicle Soon.
After a few hours they had it traced to the steering column and replaced "Steering Position Sensor per Tan, Case#10990136" Labor $240
1 Sensor 6.522 1 Cost $83.21
3 Straps I/P 8.965 23 Cost $2.00 each ($6.00)

Grand Total was $335.45 and Luckily was on the Dealer. I consider myself a fairly good Mechanic, but I would have never thought the problem would have been in the Column. Newer stuff is getting very hard to diagnose.

Hello from CT

Welcome Pete, I'm a newbe myself :w

Welcome to CAC. Nice looking 01!

Welcome to the forum Pete. :w You have a great Corvette.

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Weloccome Pete we're glad to have you aboard.

Stay tuned,
Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom