Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hello from Texas

Gripey

Corvette
2000 Torch Red Coupe, 2010 Jetstream Blue GS
Hi folks!

Just joined the Corvette Nation last month. I've always wanted one, now that the kids are out of college and on their own, I have one.

Looks like an awesome site and can't wait to learn more about the vettes and their owners.

Gripey ~ Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Community ~

:w Gripey,

Welcome from just south of ya ;) Amarillo.... . Enjoy the :Steer and if you're down my way we could meet at "Roasters" for a cup of Coffee. One on Soncy is real close to the old homestead :dance

Bud

Thanks for the welcome!

Bud........

My mom lives just off of Soncy.

Quick question, are you a member of the Amarillo Area Corvette Club? We're going to try and be at the rally at Westgate Friday but, we have a conflict or two.

Again, Thanks for the welcome :)

Barry (Gripey)

Welcome to the:CAC from a fellow Texan:beer Congrats on the new ride:upthumbs, she's a beauty:) I know you'll enjoy her:w

:w Barry,

We are not a member of the Amarillo Area Corvette Club.. We have tagged along with them on a couple of their events, but have decided not to join.

Would that be WestGate Chevrolet for the 9/11 caravan? I've done that a few times, skipped last years and wasn't planning to make it this year... Sounds like this year they are not having the caravan, but groups of Corvettes go out to different Fire Stations and Police SubStations and of course the Regional VA Center.

We live in Sleepy Hollow ;) ...

Bud

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Welcome Gripey we're glad you've joined us. Always room for another y2k Vette, is your's a manual or AT?

Bill :w

Again, thanks for all the welcomes!

Bill,

She's an AT.

Believe me there are times I wished mine was an AT but I still get into jamming the gears for the most part. Does kind of sucks when you're stuck in traffic but you learn to improvise by throwing her in neutral and etc. When I bought mine I looked for quite a while to find the 6-speed manual with all the other options I had to have. Does yours have HUD; I assume it does?

Believe me there are times I wished mine was an AT but I still get into jamming the gears for the most part. Does kind of sucks when you're stuck in traffic but you learn to improvise by throwing her in neutral and etc. When I bought mine I looked for quite a while to find the 6-speed manual with all the other options I had to have. Does yours have HUD; I assume it does?

I certainly considered a manual...for the fun but, decided on the AT for the convenience and the wife.......little did I know she was going to love it as much or more than me. Then she tells me she would have liked the manual:confused :cool I guess I should have asked.....lol
Yes, we have HUD.

Barry

I certainly considered a manual...for the fun but, decided on the AT for the convenience and the wife.......little did I know she was going to love it as much or more than me. Then she tells me she would have liked the manual:confused :cool I guess I should have asked.....lol
Yes, we have HUD.

Barry

There are some in and around me that think the reason I got a stick is so my wife couldn't drive it but not true! I just thought part of the fun driving one is shifting gears and she wouldn't drive it anyway, she is not an avid fan like me :eyerole of the Corvette even riding in it she is not real crazy about. She says she doesn't feel safe esspecially on the road with a lot of semi-tractor trailers, she has been scared by them before so she is a little gun shy anyway. She will ride in it but not crazy about any lengthy trips ;shrug Now I on the other hand can just drive it forever; works for me I guess :cool

welcome to CAC!!
enjoy!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom