Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hello from Vancouver WA USA

spikebot 81

Corvette
81 white, not stock
Some of you may have seen the post Lucky newbee Vancouver wa. Most of you good folks hit the nail on the head. Watch Out , Be careful ect. The 67 coupe was a scam. The car was not real. No money changed hands so I'm ok other than corvette fever went up about 10 degee's. Recently found a 81,. 40 miles from home. Brought it home 11/16. White, camel int. Body in great shape, int is pretty much trashed. Engine overhauled 1999 with 12k since. Owner supplied repair docs. for all work done since he's had the car. (13 yrs) New brakes, rear susp., half shafts. Mechanicly looks sound. Suprised to see very little rust, thats a good thing. Have been reading info in forumes here at CAC and what a wealth of information. I'm a good mechanic and thanks to all of you good people I'll have no trouble getting this car in better shape. Thanks for your support and glad to be a member. Sincerly Mark

:welcome

Hi Mark!

Sorry to hear about the '67 but VERY glad you didn't get stung.
Congrats on the '81 - hope it brings you lots of joy and miles of smiles.

:wJane Ann

Welcome to the CAC!!

Glad you didnt get burned.

:w
-Stefan

The 67 coupe was a scam. The car was not real. No money changed hands so I'm ok other than corvette fever went up about 10 degee's. Recently found a 81,. 40 miles from home. Brought it home 11/16.

Glad everything worked out for you Mark, :beer I knew there was one out there with you name on it; again welcome to CAC, no doubt the best Corvette site on the internet, the members are second to none :upthumbs

Bill :w

Welcome to the CAC Mark. :w
Sorry to hear about that camel trashing the interior of your car. :rotfl

Welcome to CAC!!!!:welcome

sorry to hear about the 67 but glad too hear about the '81 :upthumbs:upthumbs

be sure to register your '81 with the http://l81vetteregistry.com/

enjoy!!!!

Welcome from the "other" Vancouver, just to the north of you!

-Mac

Mark, congratulations!
I love the 81's. You'll find lots of good info here on that year.
A real, live 81, even with some problems, is better than a non-existent 67 that was too good to be true.

Enjoy, and post photos when you get some!

Tammy

Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!! :beer

Thanks everyone for a great welcome. 50 degrees today with full blast sunshine here in the northwest. A great day for a cruise in a corvette, just got back.

Thanks everyone for a great welcome. 50 degrees today with full blast sunshine here in the northwest. A great day for a cruise in a corvette, just got back.

Your welcome, now you are forever changed :crazy by being a Vette owner, enjoy and pictures of your baby would be nice. Tooooo Cold here for a drive, below freezing and freezing rain just hitting the area, we've been buried in snow most of the week as weel, it pretyy well SUCKS :ugh

Bill :w

mark, welcome to the cac, glad you found a nice 81, good year.;););););););););););););););););););););););)Billy

As I read your post I was thinking "An 81 isn't a 67, but in this case at least the 81 is a real car", then as I read down the other posts, MsSchroder put my thoughts down exactly. I'm sure you will be pleased with the 81 and that it will garner your undivided attention. As you already know, these cars are addictive. So I'll just say, "Welcome to the addiction".

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom