Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hello

sfcsb1

I just bought my first vette last year. A 1996 with a bad engine and transmission under a tree. I stroked the engine to a 383 527 lift cam and accel opti spark. I also added stainless works headers with a borlo cat back exhaust and a champion 3 row radiator. It has an aftermarket hood and Co nose and rims. Painted it in Nov. Been a lot of fun. Never saw myself as a vette guy but it was a good deal. I broke down on Friday. So more work. I have a separate thread I believe it may be the CCM if anyone wants to offer help.
I'm currently the Command Sergeant Major for the Warrior Transition Brigade at Fort Hood Tx.
Thanks
Scott

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!
Thanks for serving!!!!!:pat:pat

WELCOME Best of luck with your project.

Welcome to the Forum Command Sergeant Major. :w

Welcome to the :CAC

Show some photo's when you have time.

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Welcome aboard Command Sergeant Major and thank you for your service to this great nation. Hope it is settling down there in Fort Hood some by now and so sorry to hear of something like this; but how do you prevent it is the 100 million dollar question but what a senseless waste of life!! I was in the US Army in the mid-sixties and had the utmost respect for a Command Sergeant Major I worked for @ Fort Rucker, AL. NCO Academy, not sure if that program is still active there or not? At any rate sounds like your having fun with the 1996 C-4, is it a stick or automatic? Got any pictures of it?

-Bill :pat

:welcome

Welcome aboard Command Sergeant Major and thank you for your service to this great nation. Hope it is settling down there in Fort Hood some by now and so sorry to hear of something like this; but how do you prevent it is the 100 million dollar question but what a senseless waste of life!! I was in the US Army in the mid-sixties and had the utmost respect for a Command Sergeant Major I worked for @ Fort Rucker, AL. NCO Academy, not sure if that program is still active there or not? At any rate sounds like your having fun with the 1996 C-4, is it a stick or automatic? Got any pictures of it?

-Bill :pat

Bill No Academy is still up and running my friend was the commandant a couple years ago. We're you aviation? That's my background airframe. The C4 is an automatic had a performance rebuild on it. It's a four speed with a 2500 stall torque converter. Never saw myself as a vette guy but I picked her up for 3000.00. I've really enjoyed it. I just sent the CCM in for rebuild. uploadfromtaptalk1396912040478.jpg

Bill No Academy is still up and running my friend was the commandant a couple years ago. We're you aviation? That's my background airframe. The C4 is an automatic had a performance rebuild on it. It's a four speed with a 2500 stall torque converter. Never saw myself as a vette guy but I picked her up for 3000.00. I've really enjoyed it. I just sent the CCM in for rebuild. View attachment 18364

I was in Army Aviation, the old work horse the Huey, trained @ Rucker 1965-66. Started with the Bird Dog & Beaver fixed wing. You still active? So the NCO Academy is still @ Rucker you say? I just retired from state government this past December 27th. I've had my Vette for about 12 years, had a few over time but had this one the longest.

-Bill

Yep still active just went over 25 years last month. My first re enlistment was in a huey . I'm doing a ground up restoration on a 1973 firebird ive owned it since 1998 been seriously working on that about six years. Guess depends you definition of seriously. LOL

Yep still active just went over 25 years last month. My first re enlistment was in a huey . I'm doing a ground up restoration on a 1973 firebird ive owned it since 1998 been seriously working on that about six years. Guess depends you definition of seriously. LOL

I just this year retired from Indiana DOT (INDOT) with 33 years 7 months and love it, no pressure just living the dream. Got 5 acres, acre pond, 36' x 50' shop heated, hot/cold water/1\2 bath and a house that's too big. Thinking about putting a ramp lift in. You shooting for 30 years? Was looking for a 72 LT-1 Corvette to do a frame off restoration but they're not only hard to find but exspesive if you do!! Lot of work this late in life too!!! This was the last year with chrome front a d rear bumpers. Are you an E-9 or E-10? Wasn't too many Command Sergeant Majors in my time in the Army; is there quite few now or still pretty scarce? His Fort Hood home base for you?

I am shooting for 30 I am moving to an aviation Brigade this summer that trains national guard and reserve units I have a friend with a 69 stingray 454 4 speed that if that interests you for a rebuild he has some others also not sure of the years but the stingray is whole I'm an E9 no such thing as E10. The place sounds nice I'm originally from Grand Rapids Mich. I just need your garage for retirement I'd live in a camper next to it if the wife would let me

I am shooting for 30 I am moving to an aviation Brigade this summer that trains national guard and reserve units I have a friend with a 69 stingray 454 4 speed that if that interests you for a rebuild he has some others also not sure of the years but the stingray is whole I'm an E9 no such thing as E10. The place sounds nice I'm originally from Grand Rapids Mich. I just need your garage for retirement I'd live in a camper next to it if the wife would let me

Didn't think there was such a pay grade as E-10, had someone here while back that said they heard that it was crated but didn't think so! Are there a number of Command Sergeant Major's in the Army now? What HP is the 454 in the 69 Stingray? If memory serves me the 454CI/454HP was only in 1970, must not be the original engine thought 1970 is when the 454 came out, but???? so it might be somewhere 360HP or so; again unless it was put in later? What color is it and what's he asking?

Thanks "Shooter" where you been anyway ;shrug

-Bill

Bill I'm going out there Saturday I will take a pic and get you the particulars

Welcome. I was stationed at Ft Hood briefly, back in the day. I'm sure I wouldn't recognize it now.

Bill I'm going out there Saturday I will take a pic and get you the particulars

Sounds good may be a bigger project than I want to get invo!ved in this late in the game, but doesn't cost to look; right?

-Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom