Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help , engine trouble code

sinestr

Corvette
2015 Red Stingray Coupe
I have had the service engine light come on and had the code pulled. Can anyone tell me what this code is in reference for "P1153"? I have a 96 ce LT4.
Thanks

That code reads: "Engine O2 Bank 2 Sensor 1 Switching" I would guess that your O2 Sensor on the passenger side has gone south or a bad connection. Hope this helps a little.

Magmotor said:
That code reads: "Engine O2 Bank 2 Sensor 1 Switching" I would guess that your O2 Sensor on the passenger side has gone south or a bad connection. Hope this helps a little.
I am guessing that is the O2 sensor on the passanger side; and I am also guessing that this would be the one before the catalytic converter. As you may already know there are 2 pairs of O2 sensors (total 4 in the car) on the 96 Vettes - 2 in the driver side and 2 in the passanger side. In each pair one is before the cat and one is after the cat.

And if you happen to change the O2 sensor I am guessing you will have to change them in pairs if not all (i.e. passanger side pair or driver side pair)... Cause their output signals are used to measure cat performance. And finally they are available from Eckler's at $45 each.

I hope this helps a bit.

:beer :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom