Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Front vents LEAKING water in floor board & more

Rookie Vette owner

Corvette
1973 Blue Coupe
Finally got all the interior out of my 73 to track down the source of my leaks. The biggest ones I have found are the floor vents from the cowl area. When water goes into the wiper/cowl area, it flows directly into the floorboard from the vents on both sides. I have reviewed the assembly manual and can find no indication of drains for the vents and vacuumed the areas of all debris. could someone please confirm my belief that there are drains in the area, then I can dive in tomorrow and try to locate them and hopefully figure out how to unplug them. Also I have replaced my weatherstrip around the windows, doors, and T-tops, but have not reinstalled the door panels. Should I expect to have water still getting into the car since the weather barrier that goes under the door panel is not in place and the sill plates (also removed) are not directing the water out when it gets to the bottom of the door? :confused
Thanks!

There are water drain holes for the side plenums on both sides, just rearward of the #1 body mount bolts; they get plugged with leaves and debris, and water rises up and "wicks" out through the carpet under the kickpads. Open the plugged holes and you'll be amazed what comes out of there.

:beer

If the drains are OK, the water might be coming in where the vent tube pierces thru the body. Mine had a small place where they didn't get any bondo sealing the tube and a small amount of water was coming in there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom