Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help!! Hood Latch Stuck on my '78

F

Frank

Just bought this beauty and the hood opened before she was mine. Now, the passanger side won't unlatch. I called the dealer and he said "Good Luck" I've tried several times to release the latch and it's STUCK! Without taking a sawsall to the corner, any suggestions?

Thanks, Frank

1979toy

Corvette
Red on Red 1979 L-48
Look in the wiper tray area. You will see a rubber plug near the latch. Remove the plug and put a screwdriver through the hole and press down to trip the latch.
Like the dealer said, Good luck. Except I mean it!

80convertible

Corvette
1973 converted to 1980 custom convertible
Also,

Go to corvettefaq.com. I think there is a section on this. Plus its a great info site.

Regards,

Jim

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
Check out this thread. It has a link from Mid-America with pics and step by step instructions.

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5
Frank,

Here is a previous thread about this and a possible quick OPEN :J for your hood..

Stuck Hood

S

Stryker_78

I have something for you to think about. I have a 78 and the frist time I tried to open the opn(after I bought it) my passenger side hood latch would not release. You won't beleive what it was. My car comes equipped with a nice security feature that prevents the hood from being popped unless it is activated. If you have such a option, then you might find it under the dash below your steering wheel. It should be a little pushbutton switch. Push it in and hold it while at the same time pulling the hood release.
This is just a thought. I hope this will help.

Does anyone else out there have the same kinda security feature? Let me know. Thanks.

Good luck Frank. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom