Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help me choose new exhaust

B

Billybeau1

I'm getting ready to by new exhaust for my 2005 C6. Whats everyone buying. I dont want it earth shaking but I dont want it too quiet either. Here are my choices.

SLP Power-Flo
Borla Standard
Borla Stinger
Magnaflow Regular
Magnaflow Magnapak
Billy Goat Route 66
Billy Goat Bullet
Corsa Sport

They are all around the same price, so I guess I'm looking for the best sound.
Also any info on the x-pipe. Is it necessary, what does it do.

Thanks All

on my c6 i have long tube headers mti racing 3" x pipe corsa high flow cats and billy boat route 66 exhaust obviously with headers and high flow cats its louder but not so much you cant take a spin with your old lady and before the headers the xpipe cats and route 66 gave me an additional 10 hp on the dyno it sounds nice going down the road and has a nice mid range grunt

if you get a chance look at mti racing reece cox actually did alot of the testing for GM on the z06 and also was on the c5r race team so they know what they are doing mtiracing.com they are based in atlanta but give a call talk with mason they will do you right as far as what to get for the right sound

Thanks Nick, I'll check them out. Boy this is a tough decision.

I'm looking for the same, when you decide would you please let me know what you got and what you paid?
thanks

Yeh, I've done tons of research on the different systems. As of right now, I'm leaning towards the BB - Route 66. Mid-America has a real nice comparison sheet on their website showing the different sound levels. Still need to research a little more. I'll be making my choice soon. Keep ya posted. :)

I have CORSA Sports on our '05 C6, and they have a great sound with NO inside resonance at speed. Had them on my '98 also. I guess the decision is yours only, because there are several choices, each of which seems to satisfy many buyers....subjective decision.

We travelled 4,600 miles in a road tour last summer out west, and the Corsa Sport exhaust sound was great, and no inside sound difference to stock. at any speed, even WOT. And, all the other Vettes driving behind us thought the sound was heavenly!!

Duntov7 said:
I have CORSA Sports on our '05 C6, and they have a great sound with NO inside resonance at speed. Had them on my '98 also. I guess the decision is yours only, because there are several choices, each of which seems to satisfy many buyers....subjective decision.

We travelled 4,600 miles in a road tour last summer out west, and the Corsa Sport exhaust sound was great, and no inside sound difference to stock. at any speed, even WOT. And, all the other Vettes driving behind us thought the sound was heavenly!!

Sounds great, if you don't mind me asking what did it end up costing you to have it done?
Did you buy the system and have it installed?
If so where did you purchase it and how much?
Did you install it yourself?
Did you take it to a dealer?
Thanks for all your info....

Caddy, I decided on the Billy Boat Route 66. They are manufacturing them now and I should have them in about 2 weeks. I found a good price on-line at AJUSA.com A little over $1200 bucks with the x-pipe. When they arrive I will have my local mechanic install them for me. I don't like laying on my back anymore. I'll let you know what he charged me and how they sound.

I installed Billy Boat Bullets on my 05 convertible

Billybeau1 said:
I'm getting ready to by new exhaust for my 2005 C6. Whats everyone buying. I dont want it earth shaking but I dont want it too quiet either. Here are my choices.

SLP Power-Flo
Borla Standard
Borla Stinger
Magnaflow Regular
Magnaflow Magnapak
Billy Goat Route 66
Billy Goat Bullet
Corsa Sport

Thanks All

I too spent some time researching which exhuast to get. I didn't have the luxury of hearing any of them in person, and had to listen to the files on each manufacturer's site. I was leaning towards the Corsa Sport, the Route 66, and the Bullet. I wanted a very throaty sound when excelerating, and I like the burble affect when decelerating. So I tried the Bullets. I was not disappointed. I was afraid it would be too loud, but by my standards they aren't. When you reach around 50 MPH, there is a pretty good resonance, That is a little bothersome, but once you leave that speed behind, it purrs. The idle is sweet too. I'm told there is a device you can install to reduce the resonance, but I haven't looked into it.
The fun part of these pipes is sitting at a stop light with the top down next to another high performance car, and running the engine up to 5 or 6000 RPM. The other drivers look around for the source, but never think it's coming from the blue convertable next to or in front of them. I did that the other night, and the two kids in the car behind me almost broke their necks looking around for the hot rod. Then after the light changed, and we pulled away, a county sheriff pulls past me on the left. He was in my blind spot at the light! It didn't seem to bother him though!
So if you want a pipe that will get someone's attention, and has a muffler the size of a coke can, the Bullet's the one.

c6_sys_bullet.jpg

Billybeau1 said:

SLP Power-Flo
Borla Standard
Borla Stinger
Magnaflow Regular
Magnaflow Magnapak
Billy Goat Route 66
Billy Goat Bullet
Corsa Sport

Thanks All

Billy Goat? ROFL!!! I have used Billy Boats Tri-flo setup on my last three vettes and have been extremely happy with the product as well as their customer service.

;LOL Yeh, I missed that one. Too lazy to change it. Anyway, they are due in today. First of next week my baby is going to the mechanic. I hope I'm not disappointed.

Which exhaust????

A friend of mine put borla stingers on his 05 at Carlisle last year. They had his originals off and the new set on in 20 minutes. He had the Borla stingers on his 03 and really liked them. They sound great on his 05 too!!! I have the Corsa Pace car system on my 05. Between you and me I like the Corsas better. Good idle sound and when you goose it it lets everybody know it. Good luck on your decision!!!

I've had my GHLs for a year now, and couldn't be happier. Sounds like a 455 60s musclecar.:L

Billybeau1 said:
;LOL Yeh, I missed that one. Too lazy to change it. Anyway, they are due in today. First of next week my baby is going to the mechanic. I hope I'm not disappointed.

Cool Billy, so you'll have them broken in good when you and Vanna arrive at CruiseFest '06:D. I just found out our old buddy Darryl finally got his CruiseFest Corsa's installed on his 85. The two of you will have to compare exhaust notes.

See you in June!

Hey Eric, long time no talk. Hope your well.

Got my baby back today with newly installed Billy Boat Route 66 exhaust w/x-pipe. Definately louder than stock. Maybe could have been a little louder though. I love the tips and cans. Maybe it'll get a little louder when they break in.

Does anyone know if I would have any luck selling the old system on ebay or something. They've only got about 5000 miles on them. Like new.

all that you need now is some long tube headers and then you will get that sound your lookin for it definatley sounds good on mine i have the same setup

Billybeau1 said:
Hey Eric, long time no talk. Hope your well.

Got my baby back today with newly installed Billy Boat Route 66 exhaust w/x-pipe. Definately louder than stock. Maybe could have been a little louder though. I love the tips and cans. Maybe it'll get a little louder when they break in.

Does anyone know if I would have any luck selling the old system on ebay or something. They've only got about 5000 miles on them. Like new.

There probably won't be a market for stock exhausts for 30 years - when the restorers get hold of them.;) I left mine at GHL so they could pitch them.

Hey Billybeau - March 11th is the Western version of "Harvey Daze" in Phoenix. Why don't you and your bride fly out. You will probably run into some old friends! Rich

catbert said:
Hey Billybeau - March 11th is the Western version of "Harvey Daze" in Phoenix. Why don't you and your bride fly out. You will probably run into some old friends! Rich

Sounds cool. I'm sure there are many ex-Harvey folks around there. Unfortunatley too busy at work to go. My dad will be in Canada skiing that week and we both can't be gone at the same time.

Good luck trying to sell your stock exaust!!! I don't think many vette owners want to make them sound more quiet. There must be thousands of them out there stuck with their original exhaust.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom