Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary Help on a few questions....

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

newtwoC-4

Corvette
1993 Forrest Green Coupe, 1982 Red Coupe
Hey guys/gals, I've got a 93 standard model. I'm getting ready to tear into the dash to replace the stereo system, but before I do I have a few issues that maybe in the dash area (only want to tear into it once).

First thing is I have a SYS display that flashes 3 times and goes out for 15 seconds then repeats. If the door is open it doesn't do it, as soon as you close the door it does. Any tips what it is and maybe what's causing the problem?

Second thing is the Display on the LCD speedo is DIM. Difficult to see during the daylight hours and not very bright at night. The cluster lights are fine and are adjustable.

Third thing is the Courtesy lights (at one time would fade out when you closed the doors) now they won't shut off, unless I pull the fuse.

Any help or direction to correcting these issues would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks to all in advance!
Bobby

Last edited:
newtwoC-4;1179558 First thing is I have a [B said:
SYS display [/B]that flashes 3 times and goes out for 15 seconds then repeats. If the door is open it doesn't do it, as soon as you close the door it does. Any tips what it is and maybe what's causing the problem?

Second thing is the Display on the LCD speedo is DIM. Difficult to see during the daylight hours and not very bright at night. The cluster lights are fine and are adjustable.

Third thing is the Courtesy lights (at one time would fade out when you closed the doors) now they won't shut off, unless I pull the fuse.

SYS indicates the CCM has stored a trouble code.
Take a piece of wire or paper clip and connect Pin A to Pin G on the diagnostic connector located above
the drivers right knee.

Turn the ignition On and look at the dash cluster LCD.
Module 1 is the CCM
Module 4 is the ECM
Module 9 its the ABS/TCS

Your LCD is probably bad.
Go to this site and and contact Batee.
BATEE.COM - Porsche and Corvette Electronics Repair Services, Parts and DIY

Could also be the SYS is indicating some thing is wrong with the courtesy lamp relay.

Also take the door key and lock and unlock each door. When you remove the key make sure
the key cylinder is in the vertical position if they are not that can keep the courtesy lights on.

Here's a picture of the diagnostic connector pin out.

Thanks for the info!

Well after installing a new stereo and cleaning up the chop job someone else did.... The curtesy lights seem to be working properly after reinstalling the fuse along with the accessory outlet. The SYS display seems to have gone out also. The only thing left is the speedo display. I will contact the source you supplied.
Thanks for your response, it's greatly appreciated!

Welcome to CAC, NewtwoC4. :w As you have already found, our community is full of very helpful people. I hope you are able to complete the repair in of your 93. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom