Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help on buying my first C3

amattson815

Hey everyone,

Just signed up today for the forums, looks like a cool place!:cool!:

I'm only 23, but my whole life i've wanted a c3 stingray corvette. And on top of that my father has always dreamed of owning one. But having 4 kids and a wife, he always pushed that dream back until he had a bit more time and money. Unfortunately my family lost him a few months back to an unexpected heart attack, he was 51.

Enough about my life story, but i've decided that my father wouldn't want me waiting around like he did to buy one, and just get one and be happy with it now, since i can afford it. I wanted to get your guys opinions on one i'm going to look at next weekend.

Here's the ad:

1975 Corvette Stingray

00F0F_8uZQHinEP6q_600x450.jpg 00f0f_gy80eea0ulC_600x450.jpg00l0l_65xNI7Bh45m_600x450.jpg
I really dig all the modern touches like the redone interior and the little things like the new radio. I'm planning on driving this 3 or 4 days out of the week which i realize can be a lot for a 40 year old car. But i'm gonna be buying this thing to drive it and love it, and not just stare it. That being said, i don't think it's gonna be enough to be classified as "daily driver".

Like i said, i'm planning on driving out next weekend to look at it in person because it's three hours away, but i'm really into it. I just wanted to see if anything jumped out to you guys as red flags.

Thanks again!

1st welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!
don't hesitate to ask questions..were here to help as much as we can!!!
Your up in Minnesota???
if possible take it for a drive on the interstate see if it over heats or not...
check the frame In front of the rear wheels for frame rot...
how long has it been sitting...are the engine seals leaking????
just a few suggestions for starters...
Good Luck!!!!

hi and thanks for the welcome!

I'm located in the quad cities which is on the border of illinois and iowa. So getting there would be about a 3 and a half hour drive. This is why i'm trying ot get as much feedback as i can. I plan on driving it around and checking it all over before i make my decision. I'm going to be doing the whole once over for rust but im wondering if there's any common problems that probe these 75s that i can be on the look out for.

Thanks!

The car you list is far from stock. You will be buying the seller's modifications good, bad, or ugly. My advice would be to pass on this one and keep looking. $7800 could buy you a better C3.
:thumb

You think?

I actually like this c3 a lot because all of the modifications that have been made. The new interior and radio are nice touches. Only thing i don't really care about is the side pipes.

But thanks for the feedback!

You think?

I actually like this c3 a lot because all of the modifications that have been made. The new interior and radio are nice touches. Only thing i don't really care about is the side pipes.

But thanks for the feedback!

If you're going to be driving this as often as you say those side pipe could become a real PITA.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom