Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help removing battery on 85

OSU-VETTE

Corvette
1985 Z51, Black with Purple Accents
I have an 85 that over the winter stopped taking a charge, I was removing the positive cable and the entire post came with it as soon as I turned the bolt. I have been told this is not unusual with the Delco batteries, although at less than 3 years old, I am not very pleased. I am removing the battery and taking it back to the dealer where I purchased it, but am stuck on removing the fender piece. The bolts are no sweat, but the catch under the fender has me stumped, anyone feel like giving the experienced answer?

Thanks in advance.

There should be a metric bolt. You would use a 10mm wrench. There is a slot in the gill panel, so you do NOT have to remove the bolt!

There is an identical bolt at the top near the top door hinge. DO remove that bolt.

Pull towards yourself. The panel should come right off.

Save The Wave! :w

I have never taken the body panel off. I have always taken the cruise control module off right above it and that bracket. I don't know if this is easier to do or not, but just the way I have done it.

I prefer the side panel access, I think it is the easiest.

Mart

Thanks everyone, the step by step show me the bolts I was missing and even the OEM guide was not this clear, appreciate the help!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom