Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary Help removing Bose Radio

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

bpdfs

Corvette
1993 40th Ann
I looked in the service manual, but couldnt find anything about removing it. I need to get it worked on and wanted to know the best way to remove it???? Thanks

If you need to remove the radio, go to Dr. Don's site and he has a schematic on his site that shows how to remove it. To remove it, you have to remove the shifter trim plate, then the trim plates around the radio and vents. Remove the screws holding the radio in, and unhook the power cables from the back. Be careful with the screws, because if you drop them, you will have a devil of time retrieving them. The FSM should describe how to remove the trim pieces, etc. My 94 FSM described how to remove the pieces. Just take your time and don't force anything. You may have to remove the console lid to get to one screw in the shifter trim piece. You may want to make notes if you plan to send the radio out for repair so that you can reinstall it correctly. It is not hard to do, just takes some time.
Barrett

If you need to remove the radio, go to Dr. Don's site and he has a schematic on his site that shows how to remove it. To remove it, you have to remove the shifter trim plate, then the trim plates around the radio and vents. Remove the screws holding the radio in, and unhook the power cables from the back. Be careful with the screws, because if you drop them, you will have a devil of time retrieving them. The FSM should describe how to remove the trim pieces, etc. My 94 FSM described how to remove the pieces. Just take your time and don't force anything. You may have to remove the console lid to get to one screw in the shifter trim piece. You may want to make notes if you plan to send the radio out for repair so that you can reinstall it correctly. It is not hard to do, just takes some time.
Barrett

You are "spot on".....as I recently removed mine to send off for repairs and this was exactly how I did it. Great post!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom