Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help...the cruise control on my 87 Corvette doesn't work

ratorto

Corvette
1987 Black Coupe
Any ideas on what may be causing the CC to not function.
Nothing happens when its engaged.
Could it be the servo?

WELCOME

This could anything from a lose or broken wire, servo, vacuum leak, switch on the brake pedel to as simple as the fuse. I have on .pdf file the entire troubleshooting & diaognistics of the cruise control for my '89. I think it should be similar to your '87. It troubleshoots everything and I mean everything down to the resistance of wires. It is way too large <312k>to put on this forum so if you would like, send me a pm w/e-mail and I'll send it too ya.

:Steer

This might sound silly but .....

If you turn on your ac does the air vents only come out the defroster/floor vents?
This might only happen with electronic AC ?? but mine did this and turned out to be a broken plastic check valve. I didn't realize it at the time that my cruise wasn't working but both systems use this same vacum.

Strange such unrelated items depend on each other :confused

This is kinda wierd, but its also very GM'ish. Mine won't engage 90% of the time with the "set" button, but it engages everytime if I press resume instead. I had a couple other GM cars do the same thing.

GL.

The peddle switch is famous for slipping in its adjusting nuts just enough to let the cruise think that you are pushing on the brake peddle.

If you adjust it, it will just slip again. I had this problem on both the 93 and the 90. A plastic wire-tie wrapped around the switch and the mounting bracket solved the problem. The 90 has been working for over a year with this $.02 fix.

its working fine now

The leads on the CC were bent and somehow I didn't notice it.
Jut straightened out and it was fine.
I think it happened when the battery was changed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom