Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help. Traction Problems

F

fasterthanu

I had a typical dog 76 vette. I now have a 700R4 trans, 4.11 gear, full race cam, dual quads *EdleBrocks 1405s*, Pro Action heads opened up, Hooker Super competition headers and sidepipes with JCL Spiral Baffles, and a 2500rpm stall speed. Up until the gear I ran 14.8@97mph open headers. The distributor was retarding to 8 degrees at 3000rpm. It was messed up. Was doing 0-60mph in 7 seconds =( Using the stall speed, would do it in 7.5 seconds =( Never got rubber. NOW, with the gear, go to use stall speed, and at about 1800rpm, burns out, and won't go anywhere but sideways. If I come off the gas, she starts to move just roasting the tires. Without using the stall speed, I ran 0-60mph in 5.7 seconds, and I am SURE I am capable of much better since my cam doesn't kick in until 3500 rpm...

I have 255/60/R15 tires. Besides slicks, and letting all the air out of my tires, is there any tricks for traction on a corvette?

what size are ZR-1s tires, and will they fit?

i have a similar setup as you do. I am running 4.11s with a 700r4, 3400 stall converter 508 lift cam ,dart heads 2.02s and 1.6s, super comps air gap manifold ,street avenger carb 10.25 comp. msd pro billet. well let me put it this way, i was running a 700r4 for a day. one day. one day. and no it wasnt the pressure. well it was in a way i guess, im not sure as of yet becuase the tranny just burned up yesterday nite. but back to the tires. with the 3.08s and th350 i was losing traction. i have p255zr17s and i think i am goin to put some barely legal street slick hoosiers on the rally rims. i am putting the th350 back in monday. i have to check on the warranty on my 700r4(which there prob. isnt a warranty on) and when they say there is no warranty im gonna ask to buy a driveshaft, since i had the original cut for the 700r4.FRUSTRATION. SO MANY HOURS. and by the way i dont have any times with the 700r4 and 4.11s(of course becuase of only one day) but i did run a 13.90 with the 3.08s and th350

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom