Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

help with parking lights only

Z

zrtwooo

I'd like to run my car with just the parking lights on but when I pull the headlight switch out to the to the first position (parking light) the headlights also come up but don't turn on, that is until I pull the switch all the way out (headlight pos) I bought this car from my dad who replaced the headlight control mod. he said that after switching that out the lights began doing this as well as when the headlights are on both of the turn signal indicator lights (in the dash) come and stay on. Any help would be great...i just want things to work like stock...:eyerole p.s. I have an 88 c4 coup...
thx
Mike

If I remember, I think you have to install a bypass of some kind. I remember reading about it a few years ago and I was going to do that to my Vette when I bought it. But the former owner had already done it to the 89 that I bought. I will look the article up and get back to you if some one doesn't beat me to it.

If I pull the switch out only to the first position, the parks come on and the headlites stay down. That's how it should work on your 88 too. Use the FSM and check out the wiring. Somethings wired wrong.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom