Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Here's one on ebay...

Corvette
'02 Z06, EB/Black
It's almost at $70K and it still hasn't hit the reserve. I wonder what it is... $90K?

Yes, they'll make good money selling this Z06. But when customers remember them as the dealer who did this, they'll end up buying their trucks and passenger cars elsewhere.

Sorry, I can't stand greed.

That dealership is in the middle of nowhere, and they only sell vettes. I've been there. I have a friend that purchased one from them a few years ago. They seemed like they had their act together, but the greed shown here is crazy. This bid is only for ordering one from their allotment. There isn't even a car.

6 Shooter said:
Have you got your bid in? ;shrug

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Yeah, I bid 50 bucks, but it didn't meet the reserve... ;shrug

Edmond, I agree. I'll wait and get one in a year or two. I had the same problem when the C6 coupe came out and ended up buying from Mike Carr at Bob McDorman's. Best car deal I have ever gotten. I also got the Royal treatment from 6 Shooter. Great guy and he really knows the road between the NCM and the assembly plant.

From discussions on "another" forum, Maxie Price took pre-orders and deposits for Z06s and promised people a place on the list for Z06s at MSRP. They then inserted these auction cars and other inventory cars into the list at their discretion pushing people who had deposits farther out.

I'm all for free enterprise and I don't personally care if two parties can reach a deal at over MSRP (I like to think how fun it'll be to buy that car in 2 years for 1/2 or 1/3 of what the idiot paid) but to make false promises and screw over other customers to make this exhorbitant profit is over the top.

I don't know how much, if any, of this is true, but folks are screaming like it is.

Erik S. Klein said:
From discussions on "another" forum, Maxie Price took pre-orders and deposits for Z06s and promised people a place on the list for Z06s at MSRP. They then inserted these auction cars and other inventory cars into the list at their discretion pushing people who had deposits farther out.

I'm all for free enterprise and I don't personally care if two parties can reach a deal at over MSRP (I like to think how fun it'll be to buy that car in 2 years for 1/2 or 1/3 of what the idiot paid) but to make false promises and screw over other customers to make this exhorbitant profit is over the top.

I don't know how much, if any, of this is true, but folks are screaming like it is.

Not only over-the-top but is that even legal? Take someone's money then sit on it while taking more money from someone else on the same car? Just sounds wrong to me.

rulez said:
Not only over-the-top but is that even legal? Take someone's money then sit on it while taking more money from someone else on the same car? Just sounds wrong to me.

That depends on how they represented "the list" to everyone.

If they took your money and said that you are 12th on the list and they then gave the 11 cars allocated to the list to people ahead of you, they aren't quite breaching the contract, are they? Even if they sold another dozen cars "off the list" to other buyers. . .

All I know is that if I put money down for a car that hasn't been built yet (or even introduced) the dealer is going to sign something fairly iron-clad to get my money.

I'm not saying that dealerships can't be trusted, but if you go in with the attitude that they can't you're just playing it safe, right? :)

one went thru the manheim pa auto auction for $89K last week and that was to a dealer because only dealers can bid there.

Pathetic. That's why I waited to buy my ZR-1 - four years after it was built. I paid half price, and it came with 179 miles on it, window sticker attached and all the plastic still on the seats and steering wheel.

Ah Rob, the virtues of patience. Something I seriously lack. But good for you.

We put people on our waiting list with no deposits asked. When their number comes up we call them ask them for their order and deposit. All our cars are at MSRP. Bob would not let us vary from the list at all. I had a guy that didn't want his last week and Bob wouldn't let me do anything but give it to the next in line. We have dealers calling us and offering ten thousand over MSRP and we tell em sorry.
EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING

This is really great to hear Mike.....an honest dealer.

Not all the Z06s are going over list. Along with McDorman, I can vouch for Kerbeck Corvette. It may take a while to get to the top of the list, but they got 40 some Z06s in their first allotment, and expect twice that coming up. All are sold at MSRP--no gouging ever. I expect to get mine in about 6 weeks!
Gersh

korvettekarl said:
Ah Rob, the virtues of patience. Something I seriously lack. But good for you.

Just to set the record straight...I was there and I'm not sure I would say he was patient but he was certainly determined to get the "right" ZR-1!! :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom