Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

He's Got the Fever... VB&P, Kiesler

fine69

Corvette
'69 Convertible Vette; '72 Z28 Camaro Rally Sport
He's Got the Fever... VB&P, Kiesler 5 speed

If you all remember, my buddy bought a red 79 last January (see post http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91637 ) - well he's got the restoration fever.

He had Tony of 'Tony's Corvette' in Gaithersburg, MD perform the full inspection - and now has a comprehensive listing of the all things needed to make his shark "perfect".

The purchases have started!... He just bought the VB&P Performance Plus System (see http://www.vbandp.com/detail.aspx?ID=474 ), and is in the process of buying the Keisler PerfectFit™ 5-Speed System to replace his automatic transmission (see http://www.keislerauto.com/gm/transmissions/corvette_68-82_auto.asp ), a new steering box, and both right and left trailing arms.

Chambered exhaust, ceramic coated headers, and new wheels and tires are also on the list. He's taking his car into the shop to get the work started this Friday.

Geez, talk about a tranformation! I've known this dude since we were kids. Heck, we even pledged the same fraternity in college -- and he's always taken the extreme approach.... so, I bet all of this will be complete before it gets warm outside!

Here's the question... other than Kiesler, are there other quality conversion kits out there for Corvette folks who want to switch from auto to a manual 5 speed?

I've heard great things about Kiesler, and was just wondering if they have any competition for the Corvette automatic to manual swap.

Fine69, how is Tony's Corvette? Initially wanted to take my Vette there. Seemed a bit expensive even to just get the expection. Let me know how they are. I take my Vette to KLJ Corvette down here by BWI Airport. Anyways, your friend will love the headers and chambered exhaust. I had this done over the winter as well and "WOW" what a sound. Not to mention it can breathe now.

TREMEC transmissions have 5 speeds. Don't know if they have complete kits or not. 1-800-401-9866 for info.

There's also the Richmond 6-spd I think that people have swapped over.

(Side note, I'm kinda curious why with all the work he's doing, he's also not switching over to the Steeroids R&P versus the OEM recirculating-ball steering setup?)

"...I'm kinda curious why with all the work he's doing, he's also not switching over to the Steeroids R&P versus the OEM recirculating-ball steering setup?..."

I'm sure the only reason he's not considered it, is because he's not aware of it! What's the benefit of the steeroids system over the OEM? He's got the original power steering - which is much better than my manual steering.

"...Fine69, how is Tony's Corvette?"... "...Anyways, your friend will love the headers and chambered exhaust. ..."WOW" what a sound. Not to mention it can breathe now..."

Jeff,

Tony is probably one of the best in the business. But, he's NOT cheap and he definitely is not starving for extra business. If you decide to get the inspection, you better have a thick skin, because he's straight-forward and the result can be brutal.

If I remember correctly, Mark (Fine79) received a quote of approx $30K just to replace the engine and suspension. I guess if you want the best, it'll cost ya.

Ralph

:w

Look at all this stuff!

This is some of the stuff he's purchased so far! The shop is near me, so his car is at my place, and he also had the items shipped to my house. The ceramic headers and chambered exhaust will be delivered later.

I've had to pace the spending on my stuff, so imagine my wife's shock when UPS showed up with all of these packages! No, not not mine... I wish!!!...

:beer

The VB&P Performance Plus System, and new tires/wheels have been installed on Mark's '79. Talk about a work of art. The guy who installed it, did an outstanding job, Plus he got Sanderson ceramic coated shorty headers... how cool are those! Very thick flange --- a header gasket was not even needed.

I'm hoping to get some pics while it's on the lift (the shop is near my house).

I believe he's going for the Keisler 5 speed and a 383 stroker later this summer.

The car already looks like a show car to me... damn!
:drool:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom