Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hey, look at me!

Very nice I hope to see it someday :D

Decisions based on pics

Ken, your pics convinced me that the front license plate looks O.K. Also convinced me that if I ever repaint, the contours of the hood are just begging for some subtle stripes!

Wow!!

Man,Ken you have a sweet looking car!!Cool color and the wheels are bada--!.That thing rocks!:cool

Thanks again guys. And how cool is it to have someone choose a picture of one's car to use as their avatar? I'm flattered, Vette Dawg. :cool

Heya Ken,

Looking SCHWEEET Bro! :upthumbs: glad your hard work is paying off!

quick question!

are those black outs on the front the static cling ones? if so how good do they stay on when your right foot is in it? :D

thanks Bro!

Man, your question sure gives me a feeling of déjà vu, Mic. It seems like I just answered that question recently. ;shrug

Thanks for the compliments. :w

No, it's not the static cling material over the parking lamp lenses; I tried that stuff and wound up losing one somewhere.

These are the plastic covers that are available from Mid America or one of the other aftermarket suppliers. I didn't like the way they fit as they were, and the fact that when the lights are on you could see the tabs that hold it in place, so I cut them down to fit flush on the lense itself. I used some sort of mild adhesive to hold them and now you can't see what holds them in place. :cool

Very nice Ken. Maybe we'll see see something like that from the CruiseIn!?

Ken,

If you mentioned it before in an above post I didn't see cause most of the time I just skim thru all the posts.

thanks for the info! i wanted some black outs on the front but wasn't sure how I wanted to do them. dont like the flush with the front clip style and wasn't too sure about the static clings.

Ken said:
Man, your question sure gives me a feeling of déjà vu, Mic. It seems like I just answered that question recently. ;shrug

Thanks for the compliments. :w

No, it's not the static cling material over the parking lamp lenses; I tried that stuff and wound up losing one somewhere.

These are the plastic covers that are available from Mid America or one of the other aftermarket suppliers. I didn't like the way they fit as they were, and the fact that when the lights are on you could see the tabs that hold it in place, so I cut them down to fit flush on the lense itself. I used some sort of mild adhesive to hold them and now you can't see what holds them in place. :cool

Sharon, the lettering is the vinyl lettering that you see everyday; a lot of print shops are doing it now. The cost comes down the more orders you place of course, but a single run like mine cost me around $20-25.

Actually, I had three of them made in one run several years ago: one for me, one for Rob, and one for Chris (69MyWay), and it cost me $62.79 at the time. I also had a single run made for the truck and it cost me $19.50. I had it done at a place called Signvertise here in Redondo Beach, but it appears as though it's a franchise because I see there's one in Klamath Falls, OR as well. ;)

Ken, Speaking of Redondo Beach, Do you know if the old roundhouse is still standing? I worked for Amtrak in the Mechanical Dept years ago servicing locomotives and I've been there a few times. :)

I guess it's still standing, and plans are in the works for something to occupy its space, but I don't know much about it at all. Sorry. ;shrug

I'm still wondering how Sharon got my pic! ;LOL :W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom