Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hey there

VIN_#_00521__Z-51_C4

Corvette
1984 C4 DOB 01/13/1983
I put a bid on Ebay for this '84 and won the auction... Here is some info on this beauty I'll have it soon its being delivered (My c-4 is VIN # 00521)
Out of the 1 million Corvettes built ..... VIN# 00521 received the singular honor of being picked by National Corvette Museum reps to represent the '84 model year at Corvette's 50th Anniversary Party. (2002 Monterey Historic Races at Laguna Seca Raceway).
c4_00521.jpg

C-4 # 00521 was built 1/16/83, the very 1st week of C-4 production

This super rare '83 & 1/2', still has the very rare minor build differences specific to the very earliest C-4 '83 & 1/2' cars that differentiate them from the later 1984s.

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-my-c4-picture618-vette-pics-035.jpg

Its a Gold C-4 with (2) tops
Its Slightly modified from original and the Cross-fire 350ci had a rebuild of the TOP_END -- All mechanical work on this C-4 was performed in So Cal. by 3 famed "old school" Corvette racers:
-Chuck Hance (Coast Corvette)
-Doug Hooper
-Dick Guldstrand (Guldstrand Motorsports)

- Rebuild of engine top end (by 'Z.Z. John' Gallagher)
- Adjusted ride height, lowered C of G. 2" in rear and 1" in front
- new front composite spring
- new Bilstein Z-51 shocks
- new steering rack
- New Ball Joints
- B&M transmission shift kit
- Goerlichs Performance Catalytic Converter
- TPIS Flowmaster ZR-1 cat back 3" exhaust
- AFS ZR-1 style 17" wheels
- 275/40/17 (9.5" front) 315/35/17 (11" rear wheel)
- Goodyear GSC's
- adjusted engine timing
- new fuel injectors
- synchronized Cross-Fire fuel injection
- new electronic dash (02)
- new ecu
- a/c freon conversion (R-14 to R-134)
- regular alignments
- regular oil changes (2 months)
- regular tune ups (4 months)

Thumbs up to you guys

:upthumbs to all of you man you have a way of making someone feel welcome :beer and MAN i do ! I getting pumped to drive this car i dont even have this car in the garage Its still in New Mexico with the original owner and I cant wait to see this car and I know how this car will look it wont be a pile of JUNK

Ya know a lot of folks rag on the crossfire, but just look at the history of the Corvette. If you were to plot a graph of HP vs. year...guess where it starts the upward climb after the late 70s decline in horsepower...in 1982 with the crossfire! Yeah it has its limitations...but to me that's a very significant piece of Corvette history to own. All it takes is a little understanding of how the system works, and it is every bit as reliable as anything else out there.

Besides...ain't many cars that can pull a full lateral G, and a 84 Z51 will do it! :upthumbs

Congrats on the cool 84, and welcome.

Bill

welcome to CAC!!!:CAC
hope you enjoy the vette as well as the forums!!!!!!!!!!

:w Welcome to the :CAC

Congratulations on your 83 1/2. Very cool :upthumbs

Enjoy the CAC.

Tammy

welcome to the club, i can only guess how excided you are, good luck with your new toy. be safe and ride with the wind.:) :) :) Billy

Congrats on the 64 vette!! :upthumbs Welcome to the Forum, they're great for getting up to speed on all Vette things and you will also meet a lot of new friends. :beer

welcome, hope you enjoy the club and your new toy.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Billy

I was watching that auction, congrats and welcome.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom