Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hey

85dougnash

Corvette
1985 Doug Nash Coupe
Just wanted to say hey. I purchased my first Corvette 3 days ago. It's a white 1985 Doug Nash coupe. It has 30,000 original miles and has felt alomost like buying a new car.
I work for a classic/muscle car reseller and we sell a lot of Corvettes, especially C-4's. Having driven Vettes of every vintage I feel the C-4 (especially manual trans cars) was the last geenration to provide that raw, Corvette experience. What is that exactly? . . . it is the combined input of transmission gear whine, deep, authoritive exaust note, twitchy yet instant steering response, hard bite on intial turn-in and neck-snapping low-end torque. Yes, it also involves a shimmering hood, a somewhat rattly body and tight interior, (I am 6'4")
I trolled around a few forums before landing here, everyone seems really cool so . . . here I am.

Foy

Welcome! :beer

This is a good group here.

Welcome, I'm also a new owner (87 with 90,000) and 4+3 and must say the group here is great. As for rattles, my car was not taken very good care of I'm finding out. So far luckly nothing mechanical really, but interior is rough. One thing I did was took the dash complety apart and fixed some cracks (thread here on dash reapir on how I did it). there where several lose screws and a few missing ones. After i was done I had reduced the rattles in my dahs on the drivers side to almost 0, still have some in passnger side (project for future). Now Im working on external rattles, suprisingly my car has very few, something in front is making noice when i hit bumps, reminds me of my old chevy monza I had as a kid, brakes had plastic shim pins around the retaining bolts, when they got wore the calipers would bang on any bump. Doubt its that on this car, but who knows till i get into it.

Gratz on new purchase, sounds very sweet.

Clok

Thank you

Thank you, actually mine does not rattle much for a Corvette. I was refering to the overall feel of C-4's from possibly the point of view of a "non-Corvette" person. Some people may not regard the uncomprimising nature of a powerful, quick handling sports car as endearing as I do. I was surprised that a Corvette as new as 1985 evoked much of what I felt when I first rode in a vette as a child.
<sigh> I'm a long winded freak - just kinda excited to finally be behind the wheel of a Corvette, even if it is a low bucks C-4 . . . it is much, much more than that to me.

Foy

I know where your comming from, think about half the posts on this board in the last 2 weeks have been mine. I cant stop driving (and tinkering) I am pretty sure i have spent every hour not sleeping/eating or working someplace on the vette, either driving or tinkering. Make sure to post a picture.

Clok

Believe me, gentlemen, you're among friends here that know exactly how you feel! :thumb I first dreamed of owning a Corvette more than 30 years before I bought one - a 1994 Torch Red convertible that I still miss and would still own if I could afford 2 Vettes. ;)

I would get up in the middle of the night and look out the window at her sitting in the driveway to assure myself I really owned the car of my dreams... and the Corvette grin has become a permanent facial expression for me.

Enjoy the Vettes and the Corvette Action Center.
:wJane Ann

Gone but not forgotten...

143291994_Corvette.jpg

Believe me, gentlemen, you're among friends here that know exactly how you feel! :thumb I first dreamed of owning a Corvette more than 30 years before I bought one - a 1994 Torch Red convertible that I still miss and would still own if I could afford 2 Vettes. ;)

I would get up in the middle of the night and look out the window at her sitting in the driveway to assure myself I really owned the car of my dreams... and the Corvette grin has become a permanent facial expression for me.

Enjoy the Vettes and the Corvette Action Center.

Gone but not forgotten...

143291994_Corvette.jpg

Jane Ann, the numbers don't add up. How could you wait 30 years when you are only 21? I always like looking at your C4 as it is very close to mine, except mine has a red interior.

Also, let me add a corvette welcome to the new member - you will like the CAC. Glad you landed here.
Barrett

Nice convertible

Jane Ann, your convertible is stunning.

Foy

Foy's Doug Nash

Here's me new mount.

Jane Ann, the numbers don't add up. How could you wait 30 years when you are only 21?
Barrett

You sweet talker,you! I knew there was a reason I like you... besides your choice of Corvette colors, I mean. ;)

Jane Ann, your convertible is stunning.

Foy

Thanks Foy. Hopefully she's being well taken care of by her new owner.

If you like that one, take a look at the one I'm driving now. Ok, Ok... I know I'm showing off a little but I can't help it. ;)

Photo by MsSchroder:

1998_CR_vertDragon06.jpg

Cool!

You blew up my car . . . thank you. Your new convertible is nice. It has some big shoes to fill following that gorgeous red roadster you had. I have to admit I am not good at identifying C-5's . . . is that a 2000?

Foy
Las Vegas

1998, did not look at your avatar

My apologies for cluttering up your thread, Foy.

To make it up to you I can easily post the rest of your photos in the larger size too.

This is my favorite... very nice photo of a great looking '85. :thumb

attachment.php

WooHoooooo!

You are the bomb! Thank you - very cool. The big pics make my humble ride look important.

Foy
Las Vegas

Welcome aboard. Yes, your 85 looks real good. No Corvette is just a humble ride....no matter whether it is a 84, 79, 94 or 98 (whatever), they are all a special breed that should make you proud to be a member of an elite brotherhood.

SAVE THE WAVE:w

Wave?

More than proud - I have been amazed at the inclusive acceptance I have found in the vette community, here and, it seems, on the road. I passed a wicked/cool '08 Z06 the other day going the other way (Arizona plate I think) . . . guy gives me a quick smile and a wave. His car and mine are quite possibly at each end of the economic/cool-corvette-o-meter yet he is not too good to acknowledge me. I am sure he and I feel many of the same pleasures behind the wheel, he just feels it going one hell of a lot faster than me.

Foy
Las Vegas

attachment.php

Welcome aboard, that is one sharp ’85. The L98 is a great motor and the C4 lines are becoming classic. Early C4’s are out there, but it’s getting harder to find samples as nice as the one you’ve landed.

Enjoy it!
B17Crew
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom