Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hi all...kind of tough electrical question

R

RedRod90

My '90 was running fine all summer..well about a week ago..my radio stopped working.It's an aftermarket so I thought mabey a loose wire behind it.The radio would come on randomly then just go off.I found the power wire coming of the battery dist block and it had a glass fuse setup..in which 1 end had come off the fuse.I tightened the fitting put it back together..still no radio..so I took it out and am getting a little over 13v to the radio with the car running and .8 with the car off... memory wire,so I guess the radio is just bad at this point.Just about the same time,my batt started going dead over night..new battery,it jumps easily..and runs fine if Im driving around and starts fine till the next morning.At the same time my blower motor quit qorking..my climate buttons are working..and I can hear the A/C compressor cycling on and off...but Im not getting any fan blowing in the car at all..and the LAST thing that happened at the same time is that my interior lights do not come on when I open the doors or hatch..I can turn it on at the switch on the headlight controls..but not opening the car at all..Where do I start looking for the draw on my battery? Could the blower motor have shorted out and is drawing from it..with so many things going wrong almost at the same time..I'm just kind of at a loss as where to start..thanx for any help:thumb

First of all :welcome

There should be 2 12V lines going to your radio. One is switched (the one you measured probably) and the other is on all the time. Since the problem started with your radio, I'd try unpluging your radio, and checking your lights.

Good luck.

:thumb Jason

Thank you lol..Yeah disconnecting the radio was the first thing I did..but even after a full charge..it went dead overnight again..The install was very well done at a shop and there were no loose connections anywhere,aside from the fuse at the power block

First up , disconnect the two plugs in the blower control module ( mounted in the top of the A/c ducting , firewall side) recharge your battery and see if you get the same drain.
Module supplies 12V power direct to fan ,controlled by the buttons on your climate panel.Internal resistors give you the various blower speeds
When module goes bad , can randomly start up fan , running battery down.
Interior light problem is probably unrelated

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom