Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hi All! Newbie Here.

Welcome to cac

You are going to love it here,I know I have,been a member since June this year,best move for a VETTE lover.Rob does a great job.Welcome Aboard

Thanks Mac and Ribbit Man....I'm enjoying both this site and my new Corvette. In fact, it was such a nice day, I did a 350 mile drive today. Can't believe I was actually averaging 27-28+ mpg with a 427!! I know I didn't buy this car for gas mileage. But, man, what a bonus!! Upwards of a 476 mile range! Wow!!
:beer

Thanks Mac and Ribbit Man....I'm enjoying both this site and my new Corvette. In fact, it was such a nice day, I did a 350 mile drive today. Can't believe I was actually averaging 27-28+ mpg with a 427!! I know I didn't buy this car for gas mileage. But, man, what a bonus!! Upwards of a 476 mile range! Wow!!
:beer

I've got real close to 30mpg with my C-5 on a trip if I drive smart which is not all that often :lou

-Bill

When I was a kid, I knew someone with a big block 427 Stingray. He mentioned on the highway he'd be lucky to see 8-10 mpg. Man, how technology has advanced. I've seen HiPo turbo 4 cyl's that make a lot less power and not do any better, mileage wise.

Bill--I've heard of people with C5s getting 30 mpg on the highway and averaging about 23-25 mpg overall. Pretty amazing for any car that can do 165 mph+!

I will say my mileage did include a couple of runs to about 120 (cop! what cop!!)...which makes the mileage I got even more amazing.

Pretty amazing stuff. . . . . . . See the USA in your Chevrolet.

Bill--I've heard of people with C5s getting 30 mpg on the highway and averaging about 23-25 mpg overall. Pretty amazing for any car that can do 165 mph+!
The technolgy is out there for sure today to get the mileage and for those who feel the need for speed too, like us :happyanim:

-Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom