Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hi all :-)

oceangal

Corvette
1982 silver/claret
I didn't have my laptop for about a month - darn that Toshiba!

I hope all are well. Living in Massachusetts is torture with the weather. Its snowing as I type this.

My baby still sits outside :-( but she is covered. The engine is making progress but Ricks truck was killing him with fuel costs so he decided to buy another car to commute in. Well his idea of a car with good mileage for "commuting" is a 1987 Monte Carlo SS (about 10 years ago I had an '85 SS).

I was hoping he would by a Hyundai because I knew if he bought anything remotely cool he would have to fix it up. Yep, he is fixing it up. Granted it needs work, but he can't just throw stuff on it, the old stuff has to be cleaned, painted etc.

He has nicknamed it "Crustene" - it came from Maine and sat for a LONG time and the salty air did nothing for her. Its a bit of a mess underneath the car and under the hood. The interior and most of the body was good but the rest....

I just had a Birthday and Rick bought me new seats for the vette! I am totally psyched and I can't wait to see them installed and sit in them. I have to get the carpets etc and some other stuff, so maybe only another $500 to go. It will be nice to to shell out a lot of money any more.

i am trying to get a friend of mine to go to Carlise with me. Rick says he has BTDT and isn't too interested and I don't want to drive to PA alone. I was hoping my car would be done before Memorial Day, I know the Monte is going to take at least 2 -3 more weeks. New exhaust, new manifold or headers and even new wheels. Well at least I know where he is!!

Good to be back and seeing the progress on the cars.

Welcome back!

-Mac

Happy Birthday [Belated]

Gal,

Happy birthday, and that is one of the best ways to get your Vette on the road to wellness...have a list ready for Birthday, Mother's day, Christmas on corvette stuff those around you can give you. Helps out a lot.

Hey Lori,
Good to hear from you again! You must be ecstatic that your project is almost done. Funny you should mention a Monte SS, I have an 83 in my stable too - in about the same condition. Maybe some day I'll get around to it. Just wondering, how bad is mileage on a truck if a Monte SS is better? Be sure to let us know if you do go to Carlisle this summer so we can meet up. There's a whole lot of stuff to do and see there, and a lot of people to talk to. Take care and keep us posted.

Craig

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom