Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

hi, am a new member with 1973 yj8's

1973yj8owner

Corvette
1973 coupe w/ orig yj8's
I am a new member. I purchased a 1973 medium blue metallic coupe with medium saddle leather interior at Matt Slapp Chevrolet on 3/7/73. I have a set of the original yj8 wheels on my car. They were made by American Racing Corporation for GM. I am a lifetime member of Delaware Valley Corvette Club. There are not many Lifetime Members. I am also an NCRS member. For years nobody believed these were original wheels all of the correct castings are on the wheels. Most people thought they were the later Kelsey Hayes Wheels and other people including the corvette museum people could care less. I am surprised to see discussion about the wheels here and at the ncrs site. My car was advertised for sale in hemmings and the corvette trader years ago with the caption rare 1973 cast aluminum wheels. i deceided not to sell the car. I believe the wheels are worth more than the car. There are more 1943 copper pennies than original 1973 yj8's.

smilies-42650.png

Glad you joined us! WOW - an original owner 1973! That's great! I'm sure everyone would love to see pix of those wheels - I know I would.

Enjoy the forums!!
:w Jane Ann

A guy from my church often expresses his woes about getting rid of his '73 big block coupe. He too was an original owner, but sold his Vette and bought a minivan shortly after he got maarried and had kids! He's regretted the decision ever since.

Welcome to the CAC!

:w

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

The wheels sound intriguing!

Tammy

Welcome to CAC!!:CAC
enjoy the forums!!!!!!!!

Welcome to CAC....and please do share some pic's with us!
Love those wheels. Wanted to get those with my 73 and had to wait till 1976 to get them on my brand new 1976 Corvette. Ordered a 74and 75 with the (YJ8) wheel option , even wrote a special note on both orders. But the answer was always NO from Chevrolet.Glad you joined....hope to see some pictures.Save the Wave.>George

Welcome to the CAC !!

Were in Bucks CO. are you? We're a little down from Easton..

:w
-Stefan

A guy from my church often expresses his woes about getting rid of his '73 big block coupe. He too was an original owner, but sold his Vette and bought a minivan shortly after he got maarried and had kids! He's regretted the decision ever since.

The kids or the minvan?

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

Welcome to the CAC!

The kids or the minvan? Sorry, couldn't resist

A clearer way for me to have written this would have been --- he sold his Vette as a result of getting married and having kids.

:beer

Welcome, "Wheels". Always glad to see more Penna guys join the CAC. I hope you can make it to our Corvettes for a Cure event on July 22.

Last year, the DVCC won the trophy for best club attendance. There should be a good turn-out from your Club...so why don't you plan on going with them. It would be a great place to show off those rare wheels.

Learn more at: http://www.corvettesforacure.com

Welcome, the wheels you have on your Vette sounds pretty neat, how about a picture of them sometime.

Take care and stay in touch,
Bill :w

Welcome, "Wheels". Always glad to see more Penna guys join the CAC. I hope you can make it to our Corvettes for a Cure event on July 22.

Last year, the DVCC won the trophy for best club attendance. There should be a good turn-out from your Club...so why don't you plan on going with them. It would be a great place to show off those rare wheels.

Learn more at: http://www.corvettesforacure.com

I am a Lifetime Member of DVCC. The wheels came through the Chevrolet Dealer 's Parts Department that sponsors DVCC.

Okay, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm dying to see what these wheels look like!

:D

Sure would like to see pictures of them when you get the chance.

Thanks,
Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom