Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hi Everyone, its been a long time

oceangal

Corvette
1982 silver/claret
and an even longer time since I have driven my car!!

Well finally the engine is back out (after 500 miles on the new 383 Stroker) something was going on with it and after inspecting it I am still not entirely sure what is wrong, but are putting a new camshaft in it. There is some electrical issue I think and really that's the only thing that I never did replace. The guy who rebuilt the alternator is going to take a look at it for me next week. Hopefully something easy to fix....but I know better!

I hope to be less of a stranger and if the Gods allow it....a participant at one car show this year!! I hope you are all well

so here we go again...
302442_3920633986524_738694985_n.jpg

and hubby thinks he is funny:
536657_3921117318607_1428143966_n.jpg

Happier times, well at least she was running, but alas still not painted. just a guide coat but I do love the modified hood
59423_1477506829872_363310_n.jpg

a before photo:
yourVette008.jpg

a photo from 2010 ? when new motor was finally done:
lorienginebeforenewmotor.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome back oceangal! No one deserves to see their issues in the rearview mirror and smooth cruising ahead more than you. Hope you can reach that place in the road soon! Hang around with us!
:wJane Ann

Long time no hear! Each time you do something to it, it is a step closer.

;)

Welcome Back!!!

Glad to see you, Lori!! If you get your Corvette back on the road soon, you might want to look into participating in the Sept.30th "Vettes to Vets". So rewarding and close to home! Vettes to Vets - Vettes to Vets

Hope to see you soon.

Elaine

Welcome back, hope you get to drive the car soon.
Regards
Roy

where did you get those air cleaners?:beer

Bought an extra original air cleaner on ebay and hubby painted it and cut it up. I like the look so much better - seems less clunky.

Glad to see you, Lori!! If you get your Corvette back on the road soon, you might want to look into participating in the Sept.30th "Vettes to Vets". So rewarding and close to home! Vettes to Vets - Vettes to Vets

Hope to see you soon.

Elaine

Hi Elaine!
That is the one event I have always wanted to attend. Once again, not in the stars. Even with my new optima battery something isn't quite right. Me thinks its electrical in nature, so hopefully will get it to be looked at soon. I am thinking it might be related to the original alarm system that has long since been rendered useless or maybe its the bulb in the glove box.

Someday......

Welcome back, and thanks for the pictures.

Get back on the road soon!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom