Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hi from Central Washington

Crepitus

Corvette
84 Z51 MM4
Dooh! sorry about the double post please delete one. :w Hi everybody! I have been lurking around here for quite a while, listening and learning about Vettes. I dont have one yet but I am ready to take the plunge, so I figured that I better come out of the closet and introduce my self so I can ask a few questions.
I am trying to decide what vette is right for me.
I want a car that I can drive on the street but the primary focus is AX, DE and track days. I dont want a nice collectable car because I will need to make a mod or 2. Oiling sys, seats & harness a few extra RPM, weight reduction, that sort of thing. There is always the chance that I may wad the thing up against a wall some where. So... here are my thoughts so far.

C2 Love them! could not stand to cut one up or wreck it.

Early Shark, same as above.

C3 74-77 the +; no smog testing, a lot of rough cars at a good price. Simple to work on. 7500rpm 383 and a M22 would suit me just fine. The - a little heavy, not a lot of tire, older geometry, a lot of prep to get ready for the track.

C4 84-91 +; good geometry and tire, about 400# lighter, A light weight clam shell will help curb weight and distribution, great price. The -; BHP and 4+3. I have never driven the 4+3 but what I have read is not encouraging, a M6 or a trans swap is not out of the question though. but we still have the L-98, hmmm, how much work is a LT-1 and engine/ecu swap? A 8 hour engine change is something I could do a couple times a year no prob.

C4 92-96 +; same as above except a little more spendy for initial purchase, LT1/4 & M6 all ready installed, I would like a few more RPM and BHP. This would necessitate routine engine changes to avoid conflict with the Governor.

C5 +;a little lighter, good tire, outstanding (world class!) geometry, BHP&RPM are not bad. Excellent aftermarket support. The -; higher purchase price. Very sophisticated. looks very tight to work on.

Sorry about getting so wordy. I tryed to keep it as short as I could. All comments are greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the CAC! I'll delete the duplicate thread for you. :thumb

Best of luck on your search... any Corvette is a great Corvette. :L

:wJane Ann

welcome to CAC!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom