Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hi! from James W Cave from Texas

jameswcave

Corvette
1984 grey fastback
I hace a 1984 crvette that I'm restoring and the security system will not turn off so I can start the engine. Need Help on how to turn the security system off or by pass it.:happyanim:

Welcome aboard! Going to move your thread into the C4 Tech forum for greater exposure. :thumb

C'mon guys; 46 views and only 1 Welcome...

---------------------------------

If you're restoring it there JWC, maybe don't disable / by-pass it - rather make it correct. Do you have FSM factory shop manual for the car? NOTHING finer than a CORRECT, FINELY TUNED old car - ESPECIALLY a C4!

Electricity flow in a 'closed system', is like water in a closed system; if one line is 'out', all the rest are slightly effected, making diagnostics for another issue more difficult.

And welcome onto the boards there......................

:welcome

I think bypassing the security system is the way to go.

Welcome to CAC.

Do you want it to work or are you willing to bypass it as Tuna said?

I would like it to work correctly, I'm tired of being stranded

I talked to everyone about the problem even the chev dealer in Athens and they stated they did not put a security system in a 1984 corvette. If it can be repaired I'd like to repair it instead of cutting any more wires.
Welcome to CAC.

Do you want it to work or are you willing to bypass it as Tuna said?

Tuna does have a good point on the VATS by-pass (as opposed to cutting of course)...

You really do need FSM however. Not fun navigating it, but it's how to build the car from scratch. Literally..............

I'm going to guess that at the OP is talking about an aftermarket security system which has been installed "on-top" of the car's existing, OE security system.

If that's correct, I'd not only disable but I'd remove as much of the aftermarket security system hardware as possible.

Then I would fix any problems with the OE system.

If the OE security system is not working properly, depending on what the problem is, it might be difficult to disable/remove the OE security system such that the car will operate normally.

To properly diagnose the OE security system, you'll need the Factory Service Manual. They are available from CAC Sponsor, Zip Products.

I talked to everyone about the problem even the chev dealer in Athens and they stated they did not put a security system in a 1984 corvette. If it can be repaired I'd like to repair it instead of cutting any more wires.

Although I believed GM did offer one (VSS-300); however, I am not sure it was available in 1984. One of the Corvette mechanics would know. I do know from my truck, the GM alarm does not always disarm using the key; the remote disarms it.

As the dealer said it is an aftermarket system; you'll need to learn who made it and find installation instructions online to uninstall it. I helped remove a Viper and it required soldering iron surgery.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom