Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hi From North Carolina, and power window advise needed

D

DawnJ

Hi All,
I am a newbie to this site (love it so far) and a newbie to owning a Corvette (FINALLY!!!) I just got back from Chicago, I bought a friend's 1994 black on black Coupe. He babied it, kept it in the garage and under car cover - it is in immaculate shape and had only 23,100 miles on it. I have been after him for a year and a half to buy this car - he got a new 2007 Z06 a few months ago. I love this car, have always wanted a 'Vette.

I have only one problem and I am sure there is an answer that I just don't know about. The power windows were working fine when I got it (4 days ago), on the drive from Illinois to NC the passenger side out of the blue would not roll down. This morning I took it out for a drive put it in the garage and when I went to get in it this afternoon the driver's window would not roll up (I had left it down). I am not sure what the heck is going on, if there is a safety lock or something I couldn't find in the owner's manual. I love the car and hate to run off to a dealership if it is something my husband could maybe fix. Ideas or suggestions are very welcome. I have been looking at the knowledge base but no luck yet. Anyway, I love this site and am loving my 'Vette.

Dawn
North Carolina

Hello and welcome to the CAC!

Congrats on your new Vette!

I'll let a C4 expert chime in on the PW issue. ;)

Enjoy!

:Steer

Dawn,

Welcome! I love seeing more women getting their own Corvettes!! You'll love it here.

My first thought about your window problem is the motor. I've had to replace a couple of those in my Corvette lifetime, but I'll let someone with more expertise chime in.

Elaine

Welcome to the :CAC Dawn.

The motor is usually the culprit, but 2 in within a couple of days would make one wonder. I'm sure a C4 Expert will have some ideas.

How about some pictures?

Hecox

Hope this works and the pics come through. He's a beauty.

Dawn, to :CAC ! Nice looking Vette! I work with a guy who has a 94 all black coupe, and he loves it. I can't help out with the window problem, but I KNOW that there's a bunch of C4 types out there with the answers. Enjoy your Vette, and enjoy :CAC

Welcome, Dawn!
I won't venture a guess about your windows, but I'm sure someone will come along who will have some info for you.

That's a great looking vette! Congratulations.

Tammy

Welcome to CAC! Pic's look sweet!!...some members don't always browse the new member section a whole lot, so you might want to go into the C4 help forum and post your question there about the windows.

smilies-42650.png

Hi Dawn!! Sorry to hear you're having a window issue in your new baby. I see you've posted another thread concerning the problem and that should draw some helpful responses.

Since you're new to the world of Corvettes here's a link to the CAC Tech Center Model page for the 1994 model. Click ME That page contains links to 1994 specs, photos, production numbers, etc.

Hope you can put the window issue behind you quickly and get on with enjoying your Corvette.

Enjoy the forums! Oh BTW... if you're located in NC you may want to consider getting together with a bunch from the SE for a couple of days of driving - Tail of the Dragon style in October. We're posting updates about the trip in this forum here - Click ME for Southeast Forum
:wJane Ann

welcome to CAC!!!!:CAC

enjoy the vette as well as the forums!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome and nice Corvette you have.Tail of The Dragon October 18th-21st.Come join the fun.

Welcome Dawn! And congrats on the 94, sounds like you got a nice one:upthumbs.

Jump over to the C4 Tech forums and post your question about the window. I'm sure you'll get a faster response there. Some members don't frequent the welcome forums so they might never see your question.

Browse around, plenty to see here, glad to have you on board!

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER Dawn, glad you could join us. This is the best Corvette site there is and the members are second to none. Not sure what could be the problem with your Pwr Window, may be the motor, I guess the first thing I would check out is if there is power at the electricial plug to the motor with a simple test light, that will tell you weather it's the motor or not. Maybe the conncector came loose on the trip of something like that. Just a thought I am definently not an expert ;shrug on C-4's so if you posted in the C-4 section someone will get back with you on it.

Bill :w

Welcome to the cac and NC :D Nice to have another vette in the state

This is what Mitchell on Demand says to do if both windows don't work:

TEST 1

1. With ignition switch in RUN position, connect a test light between master switch Brown wire connector terminal and ground. If light comes on, go to step 2). If light does not come on, check for poor connection at master switch. If connection is okay, repair open in Brown wire between POWER WINDOW (30-amp) circuit breaker and master switch.

2. Connect a test light between master switch Brown wire connector terminal and master switch Black wire (ground) connector terminal. If light comes on, check for poor connections at master switch. If connections are okay, replace master switch. If light does not come on, check for poor connections at master switch. If connections are okay, repair open in Black wire between master switch and ground.

There are other test procedures for different working/not working scenarios. Let me know what you need and i'll try to get it for you.

Hey Fast Eddie do you know them Waltrap boy's that run them 700 plus HP cars :louon the oval tracks that are from the Owensbora area: oh yes and Mayfield too?

Bill:w

dont know them personally, but i was a year behind david green in high school and had a few dealings with him, none good. my daughter is pretty good friends with haydens of motorcycle racing fame.

dont know them personally, but i was a year behind david green in high school and had a few dealings with him, none good. my daughter is pretty good friends with haydens of motorcycle racing fame.

Just curious; I am not a BIG :ugh David Green fan!

Thanks,
Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom